3. Explorer of the Seas
My wife and I have cruised many times before but all on another cruise line. This was our first time on RCCL and tried not to make comparisons but it is not easy. That being said we had a good time on the Explorer. The food in the dining room is very good and you can order two dinners or two desserts if you want. How-ever it was hard to find anything warm or hot at the buffet. Breakfast was the worst. I tried the scrambled eggs the first day and they were stone cold and watery. I tried the pancakes and French toast and it was just as bad. The French toast was like a rock one day. I suggest an omelet made fresh right in front of you for breakfast. The coffee is also good. You can also eat breakfast in the main dinning rooms if you like. RCCL has got to work on the hot food problem. Leaving from Bayonne is shall I say, not that much fun. The pier was in a state on destruction (construction) and the signs for where to go need help. They are building a new terminal but I have been hearing that for awhile. I wish them luck when the new whip comes with a passenger total of 4,000 plus. The ship itself is beautiful. It's clean, big, and laid out very well. They take very good care of all areas. The crew is fantastic. The stewards, waiters, and anyone you come in contact with always has a smile and is very helpful. I don't know how they do that with how hard they work and the constant changing of passengers.

Nice but Noisy

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by LCU1499

LCU1499’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas price drops

• King's Wharf
    We were disappointed with our stay in Bermuda. The times were shortened and we had very little time to see the Island. We stayed at Kings Wharf to shop because we were not comfortable taking the Ferry over to Hamilton and getting back to the ship on time. ST. George was of course out of the question.
    View All 990 King's Wharf Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's King's Wharf Cruise Port Review
  • Labadee
    Labadee was a nice stop. The temperature was a bit warm but it was September and you have to expect hot weather. The beaches are nice but found the ones in the lagoon had less rocks. We did find a great beach after moving from our first choice on the ocean side. They serve a lunch from the ship that was OK. You can rent just about anything, kayak, jet ski, float mat, etc. You can even rent your own personal cabana. I wanted to do the zip-line but my wife don't do heights well. We just hung out at the beach most of the day. The water was very warm but cooler than sitting in the sun. It was good to get back to the air-conditioned ship.
    View All 1,819 Labadee Cruise Port Reviews