• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Collingwood2011
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Sep 2014
Cabin: Balcony

Well today we returned from the cruise.

First I'd like to say it's been the worst cruise I've been on. It wasn't a disaster, but a lot went wrong.

Boarding the ship was a bit of a disappointment, seemed to take a lot longer than normal. Was waiting for bags a lot longer than previous trips.

Balcony

Cabin BB

The cabin was nice, the only issues were that sometimes with the balcony door open a slight crack in the door frame made a whistling noise. Robe doors would swing open.

Port Reviews

Newport

Newport was nice, but tourist shops all over the place. Decided to do my own thing and ordered Uber cars to Castle Hill Inn which was very nice.

Boston

Boston was ok, we got directed to Quincy Market which was ok but nothing great. Found more interesting places walking further in to the city. Felt we could of spent more time there than was allowed.

Bar Harbor

Bar Harbor was nice, but again a lot of tourist shops along the main street. Ended up getting a cab ride to Jordans Pond which was very nice. Again we could of spent more time at that stop.

Halifax

Halifax was a disaster for my wife and I. We originally booked a cruise tour and believed it was disabled accessible only to find out after waiting a long time that it wasn't. So we ended up paying around $200 for someone to drive us around to Peggy's Cove and and a few other stops and only had 10 mins at the Titanic museum. It would of been better going earlier, but that didn't happen and we are extremely unlikely to do this cruise destination again in the future.

previous reviewnext review