3. Vision of the Seas
I went on this cruise off season (mid-September) and as a solo cruiser. The ship was beautiful and just the right size, not too big, not too small. It never felt crowded. I chose the itinerary because I was familiar with Cozumel but had never been to the island of Roatan. I loved the ports! Roatan - which isn't on the mainland, was just beautiful. Cozumel (also an island off the mainland) was gorgeous as well. They had a lot of choices for excursions and I love the beach so it was great. Snorkeling at Roatan was great - there is a reef that surrounds the island so it makes the waters there really calm. Cozumel the waters were much rougher but still beautiful. I booked my excursions straight through Royal Caribbean before I went and had absolutely no issues - tickets were ready and waiting for me, they both went perfectly. For the ship, the dining room food was fantastic! I ate lunch and dinner in there as I have discovered I much prefer the quality of food in there verses the buffet as well as the interactions with other cruisers I found the buffet challenging in the morning (only if you are an early riser, which I am). There is no food available until after 7 am (well you can do room service for a fee before 630 am, but delivery for a non-fee is somewhere after 630 am). I had to save a cookie or roll from the previous day just to have something in my stomach when I went to the fitness center. There were many cruisers hovering around the entrances to the buffet starting at 615 to 630 am. I really wish they put out muffins or breads or something prior to the opening like they do on other ships. After 7 am though food was pretty accessible until almost 11 pm. The entertainment was your standard cruise ship shows, I have seen many so I didn't stay for all of them, but they were good. The spa had some really good deals on the first day of the cruise, and the treatments were great - just expensive if you don't get a deal. Also, watch once you get into a treatment, they will try to sell items to you and some can be a little pushy. The girl that did mine actually put her hands on her hips and shook her head at me when I told her I wasn't interested and actually made me feel really pressured into buying things. I avoided a lot of their seminars after that just because I didn't want to feel pressured into buying things that were really costly. There were tons of activities to do on the ship, so many that I couldn't fit them all in (which is a good thing). I loved that there was so much to do while on the ship. There were raffles and sales and talks throughout the sea days. The room was nice - I had an interior room and I must say the walls seemed a little thin on this particular ship. The room next to me had little kids and unfortunately I could hear the making noise and crying at different times while I was trying to sleep (I was on deck 2). No noise for above or below, just next to me and behind my room. I could hear what sounded like carts being rolled down a hallway behind my room, I am guessing some type of crew hallway. I couldn't hear voices from them juts rolling carts going by. The room stewards and dining room crew were great. They went above and beyond to make the experience great. The guest relations desk was fine until the very end. When I went to get off the ship,after waiting in line for about 30 minutes, I was told I had to go to guest relations. I went and stood in another line for about 20 minutes. I was then told that I had a cash account and had to pay for my charges. I showed them my registration that showed my credit card was attached from my online reservation and also told the guy at the desk that the lady at check in also took my credit card and verified it to my account. He told me I should have known to come to the guest relations desk to personally register my card and that doing online at the time of check-in was only a "reservation" and it didn't count. After I told him I had cruised many times before and had never had to do that he just shrugged his shoulders at me. After registering my card to him (now for the 3rd time) my account was charged and I was free to go back in another line to get off the ship. Thus my lesson was learned - I will double check and triple check to avoid that hassle and confusion again. All in all though it was an enjoyable trip, I only wish I had done a 7 day trip instead of 5 as it just seemed too short and left me wanting more time on the ship.

Nice trip to beautiful ports!

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by sdm23669

sdm23669’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas price drops

Normal size cabin but walls were a little thin. I could hear the kids in the room next to me and here appeared to be some type of crew hallway behind the cabin that I could hear carts rolling down. My room steward was great!
  Vision of the Seas Deck Plans

• Horseback Riding
    I booked horseback ride and trip to an eco resort/beach excursion hoping to see a beautiful private beach area along with the fun of horseback riding. I hadn't rode a horse in years and I must say it was a lot more work than I remember. That being said it was probably 75% of this excursion, mostly due to the time it took to get to the ranch and get everyone saddled up. There were 20 of us in our group and only 2 people getting us ready to go, it was probably at least 30-45 minutes of instructions and getting ready to go. The other part to know about this is it is a horseback ride on a trail at this ranch. You are riding for about 30-40 minutes, then you go back to the ranch and take a bus ride over to a small private restaurant and beach area. I had hoped to have more time at that location but the way it is set up you have 45-50 minutes there and that's it. You do get to see a bus ride of pretty much the whole island and it does allow a little bit of time for you to grab a cab upon getting back to the port to get to town to do some quick shopping. They bring you all the way back to the port though from the excursion. The beach was beautiful and the food at the restaurant good, there just wasn't enough time for this part of the tour. I am glad I experienced it but it isn't something I would do a second time.
    View All 24 Horseback Riding Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    I took the Shipwreck and snorkel excursion because I wanted a more remote location for the beach area to take scenic photos. I also had my underwater camera with me for the snorkeling. I thought the snorkeling was great but the shipwreck was disappointing. It was farther down and you didn't really get more than 3-4 minutes over it to look around. On the day we went there was little to no sea life around the ship, however around the reefs it was beautiful. I have snorkeled many times before and I loved how the guide (Darryl) swam with us and pointed out various things on the reef. I have been on many where they just tell you to jump in and point to where to swim, this one was different because they were in the water with you the entire time and the boat stayed near by. Snorkeling was a short trip from the beach and all your items were on the snorkeling boat and kept safe. The resort we went to "Fantasy Island Resort" was a small private location with wild monkeys in the trees. It was beautiful and relaxing. There was a nice little place to get $3 beers and a sandwich right by the beach and we had adequate time to roam and swim once we were done snorkeling. I loved this excursion and would recommend it to those who like snorkeling (maybe not first timers as it could be a little intimidating).
    View All 290 Snorkeling Reviews