3. Grandeur of the Seas
The biggest issue that is the non working bathrooms all aboard the Grandeur. We experience the problem on the second morning in our stateroom. We called maintenance and was told that they are aware of the issue and was not just in our stateroom. We were further disappointed during the cruise when I stopped by the restroom near the Great Gatsby. Not only the same non working bathrooms issue, but also disgusting sewer smells in that public restrooms throughout the ship. When I reported the issue again, I was told that they are working on a leak in the bathroom vacuum system that flush the toilets. Of course this issue was never fixed during the entire duration of our cruise, the only action that was taken was to try and mask the smell, which didn't last. If this was any hotel, we would have already checked out after the first incident; unfortunately, we were stuck on a ship and can't go anywhere. The second issue I have with Royal Caribbean is the fact that you allow smoking in open areas, even by the family pool. There is nothing like smell like cigarettes while on vacation and coming back to the stateroom with the disgusting smell trapped in the small room. They should only allow smoking in bars, casinos, and the any other areas that kids don't have to walk like at the tail of the ship. The last issue I have was concerning the captain reasoning for heading back so early after they canceled CocoCay port of call. I understand that storms happens and safety should always be first priority, however I don't understand this captain's reasoning. We waited two hours at sea and the waves were calming by CocoCay, but he decided anyways to head back to Baltimore early and chase the tail of Tropical Storm Cristobal at the time, that was already heading northeast. The rip current did not make the last 3 days at sea enjoyable for anyone. To add to the bathroom issue and smells, now there is vomits in sinks and people throwing up in the pool (happened twice that I witnessed and they even closed the pool on the last day). When we gotten back from this disappointing cruise trip, I researched only to find out that non working bathrooms and the disgusting sewer smells have been reported before on this old ship even before 2012 No one should have to put up with these type of facility issues!!!

Grandeur looks nice, but terrible experience

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by crusing4fun2