3. Navigator of the Seas
Where do I begin? This cruise was so terrible we may never go on RCCL again despite the fact we are I have high up on the tier for past cruisers. Complaints were brought to attention of the assistant manager which were answered with empty apologies. I spent 1.5 hours on the phone with customer service after returning. I was told we would have a resolution within 72 hours but now I am told it will be next week. Luckily we met some really good people which made the cruise tolerable because we were all upset with everything from the service to the food to the entertainment and the trash left around the pools. We had two other people with us who never cruised. They were extremely disappointed and do not plan to go on another cruise again. Its sad that this experience was so bad for them because we love cruising. Our cabin steward was awesome but that is as far as it goes. The ship was falling apart. A stool in the pol area was broken and when my husband sat on it he almost fell off. The carpet was dirty and looked very old. One of our friends had a toilet explode in his stateroom as well as the neighbors. He called for service and they told him they could not do anything about all the feces on the wall, ceiling and mirror because it might disturb other guests since it was midnight. They told him to use the bathroom upstairs in the public areas!!!! Really..... He had to sleep with the stench all night. After going to guest services about a few of the issues, we were given chocolate covered strawberries. My daughter started eating them and noticed one was moldy. She is highly allergic to mold and could have had a serious, very serious relations had she eaten it. The food was terrible in the dining area as well as being cold. The only staff who ever called us by our name was our cabin steward. The bars constantly ran out of beer, mostly coors light and bud light. A bartender at the pool was so rude, most people would go climb the stairs to the Sky bar to avoid his rude behavior. The public restrooms smelled like urine. One near he pool for the men could be smelled outside. Even after all this was discussed with guest relations, nothing was done.

Terrible cruise...Worst we have ever had

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by pi2014

pi2014’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Room was as expected. Cabin steward was awesome.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans

• Belize City
    Passengers must tender to Belize City due to the shallow water. This is not a problem. What is a problem is when I booked an outside excursion for 10 am (Supposed to be cleared and tendered at 8am), and RCCL says the first ones off the ship are those who purchased excursions through RCCL. Wow!!! What a way to sell more excursions. Its all marketing and a way to make more money. What RCCL does is any passengers who didn't book through RCCL must get a tender ticket and they can only go off AFTER all the PRIORITY passengers. I was up at 5:45 am and was originally given the wrong floor to wait in line. I finally found the correct floor. I was the first person in line and the tickets were to be handed out at 8am. At 7:30am (1.5 hours of waiting), staff arrived and I got the first 4 tickets. Our other friends had their second excursion cancelled and could not get off since RCCL did not honor their priority ticket. They had not waited for a tender ticket because they were told they were priority. They finally received tender 8!!! Here's the problem...we were never asked to show any staff our tickets as we boarded. So, even though we asked our other friends to come with us, they could not because of the time of tender 8. But, looking back, they could have just walked on with us. My suggestion, don't even go to get a ticket for the tender just go down and get on the first tender. RCCL does not back what they say. With all that being said, we had 6 people on our privately booked snorkel trip and it was incredible!!! Sea Sports Belize...our guide was Victoria and our Captain was Junior. It was very personal and they kept us away from the crowds from the ship excursions. Victoria is very knowledgeable and Junior was great. WE will definitely go back again. Call or email Sea Sports Belize for a perfect snorkel trip!!!!
    View All 2,326 Belize City Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Belize City Cruise Port Review
  • Cozumel
    Once again on our own... We rented a car for the day for $25 and had a blast. Snorkeling is alright but Cozumel is still suffering from the hurricane years ago. Coral is trying to come back but its going to be a long time. We went out of town to a park on the side of the road near the airport. It was free. It was decently clean on the beach but there is some trash near the trees by the road. We found a lot of big concrete pieces that fish have made home. It was very nice. When we arrived back at the pier, we snorkeled near the pier. It was really nice. There is a big ship that sunk and is on the bottom as well as a huge ship anchor. Lots of fish. If you have your own gear and don't want to spend money, stay and swim right there by the restaurants. The water is clear and clean. Getting back on the ship and going through Cozumel customs is a night mare. Don't even try to take anything from the ocean because they will seize it. We watched a customs agent push a 5 year old kid against the wall for having a shell. I didn't have anything in my bag but they tore it up and broke a few things. Again, RCCL would not do anything. And I understand they really cant do anything with customs but they could address the issue of the rudeness. All in al, I would go back and just keep a few things in mind. Either go back early or stay until the last possible minute to avoid the huge wait in line to get through customs.
    View All 6,683 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Roatan
    The only reason I didn't give this a 0 is because there is not one. This port is so bad, dirty and dangerous I can not believe any cruise lines use this port and put their passengers lives at risk!!! WE always do our own thing in port, never take the excursions. There is a sign as you leave the ship warning passengers not to take any purses, jewelry and other belongings. A lot of passengers either stayed on the ship or did not go past the pier security gates. We were lied to by the taxi service who told us we would be taken to a private beach and there was no fee. Once we arrived it was an additional $10 pp. There were so many people peddling items it was insane. We were told this was a clean beach with the best snorkeling in Roatan. We had to walk 1/4 mile after paying the $10 fee tot e resort just to find a place to snorkel. If you go to this place, West End Beach, have your driver take you to the resort at the end by the wildlife management area. There is a place to walk in for free but Im not sure where it is located. The taxi drivers obviously get kickbacks from the resorts for bringing customers to them. On the way back we stopped at a store to get a drink. The taxi driver would not allow us to walk in by ourselves. There was a security guard outside with an assault rifle and two more inside with guns. This was literally 1/2 mile from the ship. Once back, we were going to go and walk around town...NOT!!!! As son as we got out the security gate, we were mobbed by citizens trying to get us to go somewhere or buy something. We quickly went back inside the gates and got on the ship by noon. As did most other passengers. The water around the ship, although it looks clean, is actually full of raw sewage. One of our friends went on an excursion on a bus. On the way back the mobs outside the gates started banging on the bus windows and throwing signs. The guide quickly told the passengers not to go anywhere with any of these people because what they are saying is "I want you to go two blocks down the street with me". She then stated after you get to a car you are put in the back and kidnapped. I will NEVER go back to this dirty, nasty place again. Just before leaving the port, the decently clean water that had been there when we arrived was full of trash and garbage.
    View All 2,825 Roatan Cruise Port Reviews