• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Queen Isabel Review

Editor Rating

Really great cruise if you want to get to know Portugal

Review for Queen Isabel to Europe River
fred111
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2014
Cabin:

First let me say that my wife and I have been on quite a few ocean and river cruises before with several on Uniworld. When we travel we like to have an enjoyable time, see the sights the locals see, eat the food the locals eat, and get to know the countries we are visiting.

We understood long before booking this trip that Uniworld was teaming with Douro Azul and that the ship was leased from Douro Azul. I read reviews stating that the cruise did not meet normal Uniworld standards, but we booked anyway.

That said, we had an absolutely outstanding cruise. We traveled to Lisbon a day early so that we could get over jet lag before the trip started. We stayed at the Tiara Park Atlantic hotel which was the hotel Uniworld uses for its Lisbon extension. The hotel made it very easy. We did not have to change rooms and they combined the bill so that we would only have to pay once. The restaurant on site was great for dinner and acceptable for breakfast. Rooms were good size and spotlessly clean.

Cabin Jr Suite