3. Prinsendam
My sister and I booked this trip because it was the itinerary we had long wanted and a terrific price point. The Prinsendam is a lovely ship, just the right size, not one of the behemoths where you don't see people you know. Yes, it may lack a few amenities but HAL has done a good job with updates. We were THRILLED with our upgraded cabin. This was a pretty busy cruise with only a few sea days in the itinerary, the Microsoft classes and the cooking classes were a lovely addition to the activities. Service was terrific, our waiter and his assistant were wonderful, so was our cabin steward and his assistant. Overall service was terrific. Did not take excursions through HAL, did most on our own. Travel to the embarkation point of IJmuiden was problematic at best, most of the taxi drivers had no idea where it was because it was relatively new this summer. I understand why it was chosen but the transportation and amenities are a little lacking. Cabin was quite lovely, aside from the lack of electrical outlets, they appear to be recently refurbished and clean. Food was terrific, I only had one item that I couldn't eat and it was a lobster dish on the first couple of nights, which was unbearably fishy. Dining ended VERY EARLY on this trip, so we ended up using room service a couple of times due to early dining and a late evening. Even the Lido deck dining closed by 9PM. Whoever orders the crackers for this vessel should understand that graham crackers are usually eaten as a separate snack, with peanut butter or in Smore's NOT for cheese and cracker plates. We finally received Carr's Water Crackers later in the voyage. Entertainment was a little lacking but the demographic on this ship was a little strange, my sis and I are in our early 60's and 50's, respectively. The music in the piano bar upstairs was too loud so we enjoyed the cover band in the lounge area. As I mentioned above, my sis and I were some of the younger folks on the ship aside from a few teenagers traveling with family.

Wonderful trip!!

Bessa63’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Prinsendam price drops

Vista Suite with Verandah
Cabin AA 028
A little high and a little forward for the rough seas we had on the last night, otherwise terrific.
Upper Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins