3. Carnival Splendor
Sailed out of New York City on a rainy day. Was fun to go past the Statue of Liberty. Had originally booked the cheapest inside cabin on deck 1. About 3 days before the cruise got a call to see if I wanted an upsell to Aft Balcony on Deck 8 for $300 total for 2 of us for the week. I immediately upgraded. I am glad we did. This cabin was much larger than the inside cabins and had a large balcony. The ships decor does not matter to me at all. Was it pink yes, but it does not affect the experience. Our room stewart was wonderful. On the first day I asked for ice and had ice replaced twice daily. Gave an extra tip for this, because I love ice!!!!!!! We had anytime dining and only had to wait once, the first formal night. The wait was only about 10 minutes. I thought the food was very good. The wait staff in the MDR was very efficient. We had room service one morning and it arrived prompt and everything we ordered was there. Loved the coffee bar. It was very reasonably priced. The only issue we had was the last sea day we went to brunch and had to wait at least 1/2 hour for the desert. Also they never returned to ask if we needed more coffee, milk or water. I think this brunch is very busy and they aren't used to it yet. Did do the steakhouse one night also-fantastic, service and food. I would recommend. We enjoyed the piano bar and the motown band. This band was phenomenal. We also enjoyed the comediennes. Would like to have been able to go to a comedy show every night but only had them 4 out of the 7 nights. My husband loves all of the trivia shows and Carnival has a lot of them. We also played in the casino and donated money. I never got a chance to try the Deli, would have liked to but so much food and so little time. We did have hamburgers from the grill and they were excellent. I also tried the Mongolian Wok and it was great also. My husband and I used the aft hot tubs and that was great. Started to watch a late movie one night but it was Grownups 2 and not to our taste. I thoroughly enjoyed this cruise, always something to do, or nothing to do whatever is your preference. We don't cruise that often so always enjoy it when we do.

Very Enjoyable

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Mahtomedi

Mahtomedi’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Splendor price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8N 8245
Large cabin. Balcony larger than regular balcony. No privacy however so if this is important do not book this cabin. I wanted to try an Aft balcony but would not do so again, to far to walk to many things on the ship.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins