3. Celebrity Constellation
Constellation is recently refurbished, so no problems there. Like most cruise ships it is impeccably maintained. The size of the Connie was just right for my wife and I and the cabin was fine. If you are looking for a skating rink or central park or have young kids the Connie probably doesn't offer enough. My critiques mostly lie with Celebrity. First the good: I don't confuse a lot to mean good food, the food onboard was better than Princess and we were very pleased there. The service each and every night was SLOW, not because your servers weren't trying, they just had too many tables. The entertainment including the ships troop was above average.Martini bar was a blast. Indoor therapy pool was something we loved. The BAD: Celebrity's fees are out of line. $37/person for the speciality restaurants was ridiculous. Every day they had someone outside the buffet hawking the speciality restaurants, you would think a "no thank you" would suffice. Nope. They would follow you in offering "special deals for tonight". THIS IS AN ANNOYING PRACTICE AND CELEBRITY MUST STOP IT! Celebrity also needs to get with the program with onboard laundry. Every Princess ship has a laundry and ironing facility on each floor. Celebrity wants $5 for a shirt or $5 to just iron a shirt. On a 14 day cruise we just wound up rinsing clothes in the shower and hanging to dry on the balcony, if we didn't have the balcony it would be a problem. Good luck trying to sneak a travel iron on, ours got confiscated....it's enough for me to go back to Princess. That's the good and bad as we see it after 15 cruises on 5 different lines....

Love the Constellation, not sure about Celebrity

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by ifly737

• Sail Date: September 2014
  • Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2A
That's the good and bad as we see it after 15 cruises on 5 different lines....

ifly737’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2A
Cabin 2A 7149
Cabin was fine. Bathroom and closet doors are awkwardly positioned, fixed on newer ships.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Athens (Piraeus)
    GET OUT OF ATHENS if you've been to the Acropolis. We used Georges Taxi twice now and they do a great job. We went to Corinth, Mycenae and other sites outside the city and fully enjoyed. You will see amazing ruins without the crowds.
    View All 1,251 Athens (Piraeus) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Athens (Piraeus) Cruise Port Review
  • Kusadasi
    Kusadasi is always a favorite. We had been to Ephesus three times before but went again as they are always excavating something new. Do visit the terrace houses in Ephesus. We took a taxi, short drive and you skip all the carpet tours etc. We negotiated $80 roundtrip. Driver waited two hours for us, then asked if there were other sites we wanted to go to. You can do this on your own, save money and seeing stuff you want to see, not rushing with the tour group. Also walk away from the port entrance to find taxi, once right at the exit wanted way more. Good internet cafe right at port as well as Starbucks with free internet.The bazaar is always fun, standard "look at my stuff". If you want leather go to Benny's. They have the best stuff. My wife bought four "authentic fake purses" there. Quality is top notch, we went on line and examined bags while looking at them, you would be hard pressed to tell they weren't originals. You can get a Louie for between $120-250 depending on bag.
    View All 623 Kusadasi Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Kusadasi Cruise Port Review
  • Malta (Valletta)
    Great port, take the hop on hop off to get around. GO SEE THE BLU GROTTO, op on hop off stops there. We got in at 1400, did the Grotto and went back into Malta, we were disappointed to find that the cathedral closes at 5. Malta is great to find a side street grab a bootle of wine and olives and relax.The restaurants right at the port are not your typical port garbage, the locals hang out there. My wife and I ate dinner there, find a restaurant that sounds good and dive in.
    View All 615 Malta (Valletta) Cruise Port Reviews