• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

ifly737
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Sep 2014
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2A

Constellation is recently refurbished, so no problems there. Like most cruise ships it is impeccably maintained. The size of the Connie was just right for my wife and I and the cabin was fine. If you are looking for a skating rink or central park or have young kids the Connie probably doesn't offer enough.

My critiques mostly lie with Celebrity. First the good: I don't confuse a lot to mean good food, the food onboard was better than Princess and we were very pleased there. The service each and every night was SLOW, not because your servers weren't trying, they just had too many tables. The entertainment including the ships troop was above average.Martini bar was a blast. Indoor therapy pool was something we loved.

The BAD: Celebrity's fees are out of line. $37/person for the speciality restaurants was ridiculous. Every day they had someone outside the buffet hawking the speciality restaurants, you would think a "no thank you" would suffice. Nope. They would follow you in offering "special deals for tonight". THIS IS AN ANNOYING PRACTICE AND CELEBRITY MUST STOP IT!

Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2A

Cabin 2A

Cabin was fine. Bathroom and closet doors are awkwardly positioned, fixed on newer ships.

Port Reviews

Kusadasi

Kusadasi is always a favorite. We had been to Ephesus three times before but went again as they are always excavating something new. Do visit the terrace houses in Ephesus. We took a taxi, short drive and you skip all the carpet tours etc. We negotiated $80 roundtrip. Driver waited two hours for us, then asked if there were other sites we wanted to go to. You can do this on your own, save money and seeing stuff you want to see, not rushing with the tour group. Also walk away from the port entrance to find taxi, once right at the exit wanted way more. Good internet cafe right at port as well as Starbucks with free internet.The bazaar is always fun, standard "look at my stuff". If you want leather go to Benny's. They have the best stuff. My wife bought four "authentic fake purses" there. Quality is top notch, we went on line and examined bags while looking at them, you would be hard pressed to tell they weren't originals. You can get a Louie for between $120-250 depending on bag.

Athens (Piraeus)

GET OUT OF ATHENS if you've been to the Acropolis. We used Georges Taxi twice now and they do a great job. We went to Corinth, Mycenae and other sites outside the city and fully enjoyed. You will see amazing ruins without the crowds.

Malta (Valletta)

Great port, take the hop on hop off to get around. GO SEE THE BLU GROTTO, op on hop off stops there. We got in at 1400, did the Grotto and went back into Malta, we were disappointed to find that the cathedral closes at 5. Malta is great to find a side street grab a bootle of wine and olives and relax.The restaurants right at the port are not your typical port garbage, the locals hang out there. My wife and I ate dinner there, find a restaurant that sounds good and dive in.

previous reviewnext review