• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Sep 2011
Cabin:

Background Information:

I went to Canada to visit my Canadian friends. My German friend and I went on the cruise after I finished my visit to the Canadian friends.

Sorry no hotel information pre- or post cruise as I stayed at my Canadian friend´s house and went home the day of disembarkation.

We had an inside cabin on deck 4 in the back of the ship. I liked the design. Enough storage and the bathroom was nice, too. AIDAs cabins are smaller than on most cruise lines (approx 13.5 square metres for an inside cabin, balcony cabins are bigger). AIDA provides shower gel, shampoo and hair dryer in the cabin.Sometimes some noise from the engine but not too much. As the cabins in the back are sold for a lower price it is o.k.

Port Reviews

Bar Harbor

Please note it´s a tender port and if you go from Canada to the U.S. you go through U.S. imigration here. Don´t think the day is yours.We had a bus tour pre booked and didn´t make it ashore on time. The operator was great and exchanged our tickets to their next tour at no additional costs.Lovely city and great views in the surrounding National Park. Worth every minute.

7 Helpful Votes