3. Carnival Pride
I just got back from a very relaxing cruise on the Pride with stops in Port Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport This was my third Carnival Cruise but my first on a Spirit class ship. We left Pittsburgh the morning of our cruise and arrived in Baltimore around 1 PM. We hit a little bit of traffic in Baltimore due to an airshow being held at Fort McHenry that afternoon. There was a huge line that snaked outside of the terminal to the back of the parking lot. Apparently, someone had pulled a fire alarm earlier, which caused the backup. It took 2.5 hours to get through the security line and another 30 minutes to check in and board the ship. When we finally boarded the ship, our room was ready and bags were already there. We had an extended balcony on Empress Deck. This was my first time to have a balcony and I loved the view especially when we were at Port. As others have said, the Pride was very easy to navigate. This turned out to be a very nice and relaxing cruise even though the weather did not always agree with us. Most days were manageable as there were a couple spots of rain and some clouds throughout the week. The best weather was on our first day at sea and our stop in Freeport. The only day in which the weather was horrible was on our last day at sea – the seas were so rough that I almost fell out of bed! Our favorite port was our stop in Freeport. The weather was beautiful that day. We took a shared van to Port Lucaya where we did some shopping and hung out for a few hours. Total cost for the van was $10 roundtrip per person. In Port Canaveral and Nassau the weather was a little temperamental, but we made the best of it. There weren’t really any major issues with this cruise. Most were minor cosmetic things with the ship that will be addressed when it goes into dry dock this fall. These include that there were some rust stains near the pools and the buffet area did not have nearly enough tables where we always felt like we had to fight for an empty one. Overall, I really enjoyed having a balcony room and being able to sit out there and read a book. Unfortunately, the balcony was not as peaceful as I thought it would have been but I guess that always depends on who your neighbors are. The one on our left smoked like a chimney out there and on the other side they were very loud talkers. Both neighbors constantly slammed their balcony doors too. The food in the main dining room was very good and the buffet exceeded my expectations as well. Dinner was excellent at David’s Steakhouse as it was one of the best meals I’ve ever had. It’s s a bargain at $35. In the MDR, the lasagna and chateaubriand were my favorite entrees and of course, the best dessert was warm chocolate melting cake. I saw all four production shows and they were entertaining for sure. However, the male lead singer didn’t seem like he was a good fit. Carnival Legends was hilarious and will be missed when they change their shows after dry dock. We never made it to the comedy club. The Cruise Director George Roberts was hilarious if you like sarcastic humor and it seemed like the Assistant CD Ben was a good fit as well. In the end, I really enjoyed this cruise and am considering taking another one on the Pride to the Eastern Caribbean in the same week next year.

Relaxing cruise on the Pride 9/14 to 9/21

sirfuller’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Extended Balcony
Cabin 8K 7168
Room steward was great, she was very attentive and gave us a new towel animal each night. Beds were comfortable and this was a good location. Easy access to FWD elevators/stairs. Lido is only two flights above and on a short walk down to the dining room.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins