3. Celebrity Reflection
General overview: Very lovely new ship with nice public rooms and cabins. Let down by indifferent and inconsistent service. Poor 'americanised' food, especially Qsine which was junk food dressed up for kids. Very little activities on the ship other than drinking and eating. The ship is a luxury 4 star ship on paper, but 3 star service and 2 star food. Great for: older americans who likes to relax and don't care about food quality or tight service. Bad for: families, kids, young professionals and anyone who enjoys activities, good food or luxury. More detailed review... Check in: Quick and efficient once I found the dock. The Rome port was very confusing, as with most ports. Not sure how the cruise companies can improve signage. Hardware: The rooms and the public spaces are new and feels upmarket. The room was a reasonable and standard size with most ammenities of a 3 to 4 start hotel. The public spaces has lots of seats but nothing much else. The art works are random and somewhat interesting. The solarium is a great space. The lawn is nice, but the big 'pods' kinda ruins it. Service: Generally poor to average. Everyone says good morning but no one seem to mean it. No one seems particularly happy to serve you, most staff seem to act respectful as if their boss is looking over their shoulders. The rooms have a daily service and a turndown. I stayed in the concierge room and we only had canapes once(not that we actually needed it) and the ice bowl was never refilled. None of the towel animals we are so used to seen in the other ships we've been to. A small chocolate was only given on turndown on one of the nights out of 11. I'm not sure why they call the room a concierge room when there is no concierge to assist you. It's a misnomer. I see no advantage of this room to the veranda room. My father had a birthday on the boat with no acknowledgement. Specialty dining and excursions booked with no reminders. You walk around and no one knows your name, not even the people who service your room. Activities: Probably the second poorest aspect of the cruise. There is literally nothing interesting to do on this ship other than drink or eat. 50% of all 'activities' are trying to sell you something, even worse than the average cruise. Entertainment: The onboard bands are okay. The evening shows are fine, and generally aimed at older crowd, which is fine. But nothing outstanding. Port lecturer and information: This cruise literally lied on every port we got off to scare us in to a shore excursion. The taxi to the town of mykonos doesn't cost 20 euro like they said. The taxi to athens certainly doesn't cost 100 euro!! Athens has an excellent bus service, metro and taxis and the cruise fails to mention the first two, in fact they actively discouraged everything except for the excursions. I would have been happy to pay for a cruise organised shuttle bus if they had one, but they only offer 100 dollar excursions. Excursions: Only went on one in ephuses which was very long but interesting, but we came back late and we almost missed the cruise. I thought the ship was suppose to wait for the whole bus. Food and included restaurants: Poor to average. The buffet was the same 40 to 50 items every morning, lunch and dinner. And all were pretty average in quality. The food are all fatty, large volumes and generally tasteless. The fruits were not fresh and the vegies are all frozen, which i can understand, but it tasted like near off food. The Opus main restaurant looks very fancy and is a great place to sit. But once again, the service lets the place down. It's rushed and feels like a canteen. The food is an improvement from the buffet. I did have a great steak one night, but that was probably the only good dish of the entire cruise. I would have let it go if celebrity didn't constant go on about how great the food is, but it's just the same as every other cruise ship. Specialty restaurants: I went to the Qsine once, and WHAT A DISSAPOINTMENT. The ipad menu would have been cool in 2010. The presentation of the food is interesting but feels very dated, most of the dishes feel like they're from the early 2000s and are food court junk food. The quality of the dishes are very very poor, even worse than the main restaurant. We barely ate any of the dishes, as most of them are so poorly made. I cancelled my Murano and Tuscan grill bookings immediately after that. Not worth the 45 dollars, in fact I wouldn't eat it if it was free.

Poor to average. Bad service ruins a nice looking ship

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by tony.m.chen

tony.m.chen’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Reflection price drops

Concierge Class
Cabin C3 9310
The rooms and the public spaces are new and feels upmarket. The room was a reasonable and standard size with most ammenities of a 3 to 4 start hotel. Not bad, but not luxury, so don't expect it.
Sky Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins