Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by sillymonster25

• Sail Date: Jul 2014
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class 2

This was our 21st cruise, 5th in Europe, and it was one of the best. The Reflection is a newer ship, just 18 months old when we sailed and it was great. We did have mechanical difficulties that prevented us from leaving Rome and visiting Sicily, but I think I would rather be tied up to the dock with all conveniences in place than floating somewhere with no electricity or A/C. So I am giving them credit and the cruise line credited us $200. for the inconvenience.

Further, the 2014 1-2-3 Incentive of a free drink package and a $300 on board credit really added to the value and enjoyment of our cruise. We have already booked a 2015 Baltic cruise, but their 2015 incentive is only the drink package and not the on-board credit. But still a great value compared with similar itineraries.

Embarkation was fast, fair and efficient. Disembarkation also very smooth.

I have to look hard to find any real issues with the overall experience. The excursions we took through the ship were fine especially the one to Corinth. Complete, insightful and great food on the boat ride on the canal.

Food was very good, breakfast buffet a lot of the same every morning, but it's hard to offer too much variety and yet have an appeal to the majority.

The ship's musical company was outstanding and the show nights were very entertaining. The other evenings were also entertaining with a nice variety of acts offered.

The spa does not include a whirlpool which I find a glaring omission which prevented us from purchasing the spa package.

Wine tastings OK, yet the hostess had a considerable accent that made many words difficult to understand.

We did the Italian restaurant as our only alternative dining experience and really enjoyed it. The idea of this option is the 'dining experience' and this met and exceeded every possible criteria.

Standards like breakfast room service, art auctions and a galley tour done smoothly with timeliness and enthusiasm.

One unusual aspect was the bar service. A great variety of courtesy and drink content depending on where you were and when. My drink of choice was a Bloody Mary and many times I did or did not get olives, limes, full servings, etc. At least three times I had to ask for the olives and/or a lime. Two of those times, the server looked at me like I was asking for the moon.

Overall, a fun cruise.