3. Carnival Freedom
Hello all I hope you find this helpful!! PRE-CRUISE: Flew from Dayton to Atlanta to FLL with Delta. Great service no issues at all. Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Dania FL. Great hotel with very friendly staff. Room was nice and clean. No issues. My only complaint here was the breakfast. It was 13.00 for crappy food. Only had 3-4 hot items. Not worth the money. Surrounded by some food places though (Burger King, Chipotle, some others that I do not remember) along with a Kmart. They provide free transportation to and from Airport. The transportation to the cruise port was done by the company Ft. Lauderdale Shuttles. We paid 32.00 (I think, if I remember correctly) for two of us to be taken to the port and then taken to the airport when we returned. A little high but it was a great service. EMBARKATION: A breeze! Arrived about noon and walked right in to show our passport to the first person. Then right through to security (no waiting for either). Waited about 25-30 minutes to check in and get sail and sign card. I thought this was pretty good and I am a patient person most of the time so this did not bother me. Then it was a picture taken and went literally right on the boat. Checked on our room, our housekeeper Than was almost finished. One bag was delivered right away and the other one didn't show up until about 6 or 6:30. No big deal to us we didn't need anything out of them right away. CABIN: GREAT! This was perfect for my fiancé and I. We were in 8334. Inside cabin located very close to elevator, mid ship, but not to close for noise. 3 negatives about this room (that didn't really bother us but wanted to point out) 1. It is right under the pool. So yes they are moving chairs and you will here them. (My fiancé and I slept so heavy I only heard it once and went right back to sleep). 2. The ceiling was making this annoying clicking sound, we ignored. 3. The drawers in the section where the TV is were off and you had to open two at a time and jiggle them around to get them all closed. Again no big deal. Bathroom was very spacious and everything fit well. Plenty of storage room for clothes and shoes also. Than our housekeeper was amazing and so happy, I looked forward to seeing him everyday. FOOD: AWESOME! We went on a NCL cruise 2 years ago and the food on this Carnival cruise was WAY better. Guy's Burgers= HEAVEN and no body will disagree with that. Blue Iguana Burritos= AMAZING. Almost compared to Chipotle (almost, because I am a die hard Chipotle fan but they were pretty dang close). Pizza Pirate= Great!!! Loved the thin crust. Only got to try the pepperoni. Loved that you could get a Caesar salad too. Deli= Great!! A great option when you want something lighter. So glad this was there. Mongolian Wok= Fantastic! Sad it was only open for lunch! One negative is it does take a bit longer but again I didn't mind waiting. Buffet= Pretty good! I am a picky eater so I pretty much ate the same things all week but I thought it was a pretty good variety and all of my food was always hot. I wouldn't recommend dinner here though. We ate it once and got pizza later because none of the options that night intrigued us. Dining Room= Great! We had anytime dining in the Chic Restaurant floor 3. Had a different set of waiters every night but all were pretty good. Service was a tad slow but no huge deal we were never in a hurry. Had the filet mignon (paid the 20.00 extra) and it was AWESOME. Wish I could have it again right now. Other dishes I had were good but didn't stand out to be amazing. I must say I am not a fan of the warm chocolate melting cake. My fiancé ordered it almost every night but for some reason I didn't like it. We definitely took advantage of the 24 hr ice cream! Room Service= Pretty good! A limited selection but a great option when you want a 1am snack and don't feel like leaving the room. We did not try the taste bar. I do not even remember walking by it when it had food. Bars= A great selection. We spent most of the time at the EA sports bar. My fiancé is a big sport person and they had comfy seats. The two bartenders were awesome and made great drinks. Danuel and another guy who I forget his name. We didn't try the Alchemy bar and we only went to the Red Frog Pub that is inside once. However I did visit the Red Frog Bar by the pool many times. The Serenity bar was okay. The Atrium bar was great also. Strong drinks there. My favorite drinks were the Miami Vice, Shade-ade, Lemonade Daiquiri and Cranberry Vodka (what I drink at home). ENTERTAINMENT: Comedy was great!! I am so glad we went. We did not go to any of the shows so I cannot give my opinion on those. We also didn't do many activities (no bingo, trivia, dance classes or anything) but it was great that they were offered. If I was by myself I would have done more. The dive in movies by the pool at night were my favorite. We went to all but 2. Blankets and popcorn just make it even better. Any activity you want to do, get there early! Things fill up fast. That was pretty much all we did! Didn't visit the piano bar and the live music by the casino was okay. One guy that sang out by the pool on a sea day was great but don't remember his name. SERVICE: AMAZING. I felt like royalty the whole trip. Not one person in a bad mood (fellow cruisers yes, crew, no). Even the people that gather your plates by the buffet said Hi How are you. Was just so great. PORTS: Great!! I must say I don't know if I would visit Antigua again, but I thought all of them were great. We did all Carnival excursions (a waste of money I know, but I just want that security of not being left behind or kidnapped). St. Thomas is beautiful and great for shopping. We went Turtle Cove Snorkeling and it was amazing. Great boat, great crew, plenty of time in water, saw awesome fish and turtles. Definitely worth the money. Antigua was pretty but once you got into land more it became a little less appealing, but still had it's own beauty. Did the Devil's Bridge and Beach excursion. It was fun to see Devil's Bridge and take pictures but I would not go back. We were then taken to Long Bay beach which was nice but not amazing. Locals do try to sell you stuff but aren't rude. Lots of jellies in the water this day! San Juan was our ATV Adventure at Hacienda Camp Rico. Great crew and beautiful land. I did not enjoy the ATV's (I had never driven one before and I was not allowed to ride, I was not comfortable going fast and on bumps and in water and in mud so I asked to be taken back) but my fiancé had a blast. If you like to ride these things or want a fun adventure, DO IT!!! They have zip lining there that looked SO fun and I'm sad I didn't get to experience it. Nassau we went snorkeling again. Again the crew was great and we saw SO many fish. It was amazing. The water was a bit choppy that day though so I got tired quickly and got out before they made us. DEBARKATION: Okay. Not as great as Embarkation but I wouldn't say it was absolutely terrible. We were self assist so we knew we would get off early. However it was earlier than we expected so we had more time to kill at airport but oh well! Line was a bit long to get off ship because at the ramp into the terminal there were 2 lines forming to one and some people were rude and were cutting, etc. The line to customs was about 30-45 min. It just felt longer because we were ready to head home. Shuttle took us to airport and flew Delta back home to Dayton. Laid over in LaGuardia this time. I thought both Atlanta and LaGuardia were great airports and the flights gave awesome views. Fort Lauderdale airport isn't the nicest but it isn't crappy either. OVERALL: We had a great cruise and enjoyed ourselves. No huge complaints at all. I would book the same room in a heartbeat. Would go to all of the ports but would do something different in Antigua or want to visit somewhere else. Service was amazing. I highly recommend this ship.

Such a FANTASTIC cruise!!!

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by Kao2293

Hello all I hope you find this helpful!!

Kao2293’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Freedom price drops

Interior
Cabin 4G 8334
Room 8334 mid ship close to elevators/stairs. GREAT room. Would book again in a heartbeat. Yes you do here the pool chairs being moved above but we slept through it every time. Our drawers were a little whopper jawed (had to jiggle to open and close) but no big deal. Bathroom was spacious and shower is awesome! (I miss that shower lol). Our housekeeper was awesome too. Plenty of storage for belongings. No complaints!
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Antigua
    Devil's Bridge and Beach tour. Worth the money? No. Would I recommend? Yes, depending on what you are looking for. This is a relaxed, sight seeing tour with some time at a beach. Did I have fun? Yes. You are taken by bus to Devil's Bridge. It is a long drive but you get to see the city and learn about it. Devil's Bridge is awesome to see and take pictures, but you only need to see it once. Then we were taken to Long Bay Beach right by Grand Pineapple Resort. The area is nice. It isn't crappy but it's not amazing either. The chairs were kind of dinky, so glad they were included. One cup of rum punch also. Water was very clear thank goodness because there were jelly fish everywhere. Not good for snorkeling here but it was very relaxing.
    View All 1,552 Antigua Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Antigua Cruise Port Review
  • Snorkeling
    Great snorkeling trip on the Sweetie Pie! Definitely recommend. Great crew. Plenty of time in the water. LOTS of awesome fish!!
    View All 217 Snorkeling Reviews
  • ATV Adventure
    GREAT TOUR! Definitely recommend. ATV Adventure at Hacienda Camp Rico. Beautiful place. Great crew, so friendly. I recommend to bring a bandana for face (for bugs and dust), sunglasses, older closed toed shoes (you will get muddy) and lightweight long pants (I almost burnt my leg on ATV, oops).
    View All 14 ATV Adventure Reviews
  • Turtle Swim
    Turtle Cove Swim and Snorkel. Great excursion and worth the money. Catamaran was a very short walk (parked right next to our ship). Great crew and trusted them with my life (lol). Awesome scenery on the ride over. All of the guys were so informative too. Any question they new the answer to. Had plenty of time in the water, did not feel rushed. Saw some awesome fish and lots of turtles. One swam right up next to me for air I could have hugged it! Definitely recommend this tour. This is a good first time snorkel tour too, very laid back and calm.
    View All 84 Turtle Swim Reviews