3. Disney Dream
I chose Disney cruise line because I have heard such great things about Disney and how far above other cruise lines they were. They cost A LOT more than other cruise lines but I was willing to pay it for a 3 day cruise if it meant a superior experience. We also just spent 5 days at Disney World so thought we would finish up our vacation keeping it all Disney. That being said, I was a little concerned that having adult children this may end up "too young" for them. (we were celebrating my son's high school graduation) So now that its done here are my thoughts. We did have a good time. Food in the dining rooms was a notch or two above other cruise lines I have sailed recently. However outside the dining room I felt like the food options were lacking. Typical kid choices, pizza, grilled cheese, hamburgers and hot dogs and sandwiches. With only the pizza place being open late. We sailed Carnival for my daughter gradation two years ago and the dining room and buffet food was not as good as Disney but the other dining venues were much better and open later. The adult areas on the ship were nice and we enjoyed them but I found "the district" to be kind of dead. Not much going on and poorly attended. (with the exception of the dating game which was a lot of fun) While we enjoyed our cruise and loved the shows I would not choose Disney again if not traveling with small children. Disney is great if you have kids but not much going on for adults. We found ourselves going to bed early due to lack of activities that were not centered around kids. I did not think the extra money was worth it unless you are traveling with small children. I'm glad we experienced Disney but will choose another cruise line if we choose to cruise again. Disney is best experienced by families with small children. I know there are adults that also really enjoy Disney, it's just a matter of preference. The embarkation/debarkation process on Disney was very organized and quick compared to other ships. Kudos for that.

Cruised with kids 18 and 20

Disney Dream Cruise Review by bskcmorgan

• Sail Date: September 2014
  • Destination: Bahamas
bskcmorgan’s Full Rating Summary
Get Disney Dream price drops

Room was nice but the top bunk was a little small for my full grown 18 year old son. LOL...
  Disney Dream Deck Plans

• Castaway Cay
    Excellent. Spent the day at Serenity bay (adult area) beautiful and quiet and lunch buffet was good. Wished they had water provided so you didin't have to buy it from the bar. We noticed the other side of the island did provide free water our of big dispensing jugs.
    View All 460 Castaway Cay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Castaway Cay Cruise Port Review
  • Nassau
    Did not care for Nassau. We chose a day pass beach day at a resort down on cable beach. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate and after paying 130.00 we left after an hour due to pouring down rain and thunder and lightning. We took the bus back to the straw market and attempted to walked through that but found it uncomfortable as the merchants were very pushy and every booth had the same thing. After 2 aisles we skipped that and headed back to the boat. Once on the boat we had a hard time locating something to eat as the lunch buffet closed at 2:00 and we settled on the sandwich , hamburger place but found it very crowed and not very good. I would choose a different itinerary that skips Nassau. I cannot comment on the excursions as I thought the price at 150 per person to visit Atlantis was way over priced
    View All 5,971 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews