3. Avalon Artistry II
Was ABSOLUTELY impressed!! Avalon Artistry II was the best! This was our first river cruise and I can't really imagine how it could have gone any better. Getting on the boat, into our room was beyond fast. No issues, no waiting, just like that we were ready to go. Meals always served on time, servers were beyond attentive, friendly and accommodating. Always had great meal choices. Entertainment (Jerry) always had great music to listen/dance to, he was perfect. The cruise director (Jean Loup D.)went above and beyond making sure we were always on time, he was personable, helpful, great sense of humor. The ships crew treated us like gold, everything was always spic and span, and they made us feel like part of the family. Food was great, although maybe a little bland at times, but I suspect that is because of the average age of the crowd (tend to have more delicate stomachs). Our room was a perfect size and LOVED how the windows slid open to basically make our room into the balcony. Beds and pillows were perfect for us, no issues there. Bathroom great size considering the space they have in order to accommodate all your needs. Other passengers were always friendly and you almost get to know each and every one. The towns and excursions we saw and experienced - I am speechless. The history, the people, the culture, the food, the wine(!), the beer(!); we were like kids in a candy store. The only thing I would suggest is a "late late-risers" breakfast, lol. However, that is one's own fault for not being able to get ready by the end time. I guess we just got too comfortable and felt like we were at home. Disembarkation was also easy and fast. I really have absolutely nothing negative to say. This was our first river cruise so we weren't even sure what to expect. What we received out of it though was above and beyond. I cannot say enough about this ship's crew. We will be cruising again, and we are hoping to just follow the Artistry II wherever she goes!

Europe Sound of Music River Cruise

Avalon Artistry II Cruise Review by kismif65

Disembarkation was also easy and fast.

kismif65’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Artistry II price drops

Room was perfectly good size. Ample cupboards, drawers, table, chairs, couch. Mini-fridge. Safe. Bed (we had our set as a king rather than 2 twins) was comfy and pillows were great. Bathroom perfectly functionable and reasonable size.
  Avalon Artistry II Deck Plans