3. Wind Star
It was with some trepidation that I booked for this, the first cruise that we have ever taken. Having heard numerous stories of the decks on board in chaos from Zimmer frame traffic jams and drunken oafs staggering around trying to get their money's worth of free booze, I was concerned. On op of it all, I was also apprehensive how we,a gay couple from the dark continent, would fare amongst the "Bush generation" of Americans who dominated the numbers of guests aboard. All of our fears and apprehensions soon dissolved virtually from the moment we set eyes on the yacht from the Piraeus port in Athens. From the greeting at the port, the embarkation process, meeting the crew, to entering the wonderfully air conditioned reception of the ship for the first time, we felt special and welcome aboard. Although the ship carries about 140 people, we never felt as if we were jostling for space or a preferred spot, there is more than enough room for everyone to feel very much as if this were their own private yacht. The food was simply exceptional - every meal was a master class, the chefs obviously taking great pride in their culinary creations. The service was outstanding - by the end of day 1 all the crew knew our names and I couldn't help but feel that they actually enjoyed being at our service. What I particularly enjoyed was the drama every evening at "sail away" time....when we left our port in the evenings, everyone on deck with a cocktail of sorts, music from "the mission" washing over us and the sails unfurling in an attempt at sailing (wind dependent). It was spectacular! Once the sun had finally set each evening its off to dinner, relaxing, unassuming and delicious. And best of all......wake up the next morning in a new port or at a new island, ready to explore for the day. So I guess you can gather that the cruise was terrific for us, all misgivings gone, beautiful memories remain and the next cruise in the planning phase.

Exceeding all expectations

JohnFeller’s Full Rating Summary
Get Windstar Wind Star price drops

Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin A 235
The cabins were more than adequate. A large bed, flat screen TV, more than enough packing and storage space. The bathroom cubicle was adequate in size with only a shower, toilet and washbasin. As one knows that space is at a premium on-board, the cabins are spacious enough for the amount of time spent in them. Room service was exceptional and the facilities and cleaning also excellent.
Deck 2 Outside Cabins