3. MSC Magnifica
The main reason to chose this cruise was the ports of call. And they were the best part of the cruise. Beautiful Bruges, charming Honfleur, impressive Amsterdam, unique island of Guernsey made this tour unforgettable. However avoid on board excursions since they are highly overpriced. For instance: the night before we reach Bruges we have been informed that ship "kindly" provide us with the convenient shuttle service to nearest city of Blankenberg where we can take the train for Bruges. The cost is 14 euro both ways - no exception for seniors or children. And you have to order it before you go to sleep otherwise they cannot guarantee you seats in the shuttle. We preferred to ignore this offer and saved time and money. When we docked a lot of taxis were available at the gangway, we got one with four other people and it takes us 25 minutes to reach Bruges without any train for 6 euro per person. The same taxi picked up us at the certain points after 5 hours and brought back to gangway. We used the same way to reach Honfleur and Canterbury and it was much cheaper than transfer from the ship (transfer only - not excursion). Three main disappointments was: 1. Stateroom. Although many people gave cabin 5 we cannot do this - unfortunately. Do not get me wrong - we did not expect luxury accommodation for the price we paid. We had the ocean view cabin and expected to find it clean and nice. But from the first step we smelled some unpleasant odor in the bathroom which lasted until the very end despite the very nice Filipino boy tried to eliminate it. In the next port I bought toilet deodorant spray but it helped a little. Cabinet doors as well as the bathroom door have been scratched. The worst part was the linen. The pillows on the bed were the worst I have ever in my life, lumpy mess. The blanket was old and thin. The sheet has been ripped off. However our steward kept our cabin clean when we were out. 2. Food. It was another disappointment. The buffets were almost the same every day and only offered at limited times. Food would be over cooked, undercooked, served cold, be totally bland, and so on. The meats were often all fat and gristle and sometimes simply impossible to chew. I think the MSC tries to save a dime by buying cheap cuts of meat. Coffee and tea were poor quality and the best desert like apple pie came to end after five minutes. 3. Entertainment was very unprofessional and short. Each show lasted 20-25 minutes and 10 minutes entertainment director told us how wonderful it was. 4.The boat does not have a good internet connection. It is hugely expensive and normally does not work. We bought an hour connection for 17 euro and could use it just 10 minutes. 5. Few words about photo service. My husband is a professional photographer, an he believes that quality of photos made on board are unacceptable. 6. We also believe that 6 euro a day per person plus 15% for any drink is too much for very modest service. And we have been charged a donation for UNISEF of one euro per person. I am not against making donations and one euro is not a deal at all but to not have a choice kind of makes it NOT a donation. Have we seen anything positive in that cruise? Yes. The ship itself is great with the nice design, the people are friendly and represent different cultures and styles. The weather was great, ports of call were wonderful... But next time we definitely will choose other cruise company.

Do not recommend

MSC Magnifica Cruise Review by gretaa47

Three main disappointments was:
However our steward kept our cabin clean when we were out.

gretaa47’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Magnifica price drops

Although many people gave cabin 5 we cannot do this - unfortunately. Do not get me wrong - we did not expect luxury accommodation for the price we paid. We had the ocean view cabin and expected to find it clean and nice. But from the first step we smelled some unpleasant odor in the bathroom which lasted until the very end despite the very nice Filipino boy tried to eliminate it. In the next port I bought toilet deodorant spray but it helped a little. Cabinet doors as well as the bathroom door have been scratched. The worst part was the linen. The pillows on the bed were lumpy mess, the worst I have ever in my life. The blanket was old and thin. The sheet has been ripped off. However our steward kept our cabin clean when we were out.
  MSC Magnifica Deck Plans