• Newsletter

10+ Cruises • Age 30s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2014
Cabin: Interior Stateroom

Just got in from our 5 day Explorer of the Seas trip to Bermuda and figured I would post a review before the memories fade! Before I begin, I'm generally not one to focus on the negatives. This cruise had a lot of them, however.

Embarkation: For us it was a breeze. We left CT at 8:30 am and arrived at the port around 10 am. We hopped out, dropped off our luggage and were placed in a line to board a shuttle to the ship. The shuttle ride is approximately 5 minutes. Once at the ship, we went through security and were on the ship by 11. A number of people we met who arrived at noon (RCCL's suggested arrival time) said they had to wait in about 45 minutes of traffic getting into the port.

I purchased the Ultimate Package for drinks, which I will probably do again. It cost $55 per day, and includes everything at the bar, including Red Bull and other non-alcoholic drinks. It also included Starbucks coffee, which I found to be disappointing because they don't have fresh brewed Starbucks - it's Americano style with espresso and water. I tried the Seattle's Best brewed coffee provided at no cost, and it was repulsive. There were serve yourself soda/juice machines around the ship (Promenade and Windjammer) for those who purchased the packages, which was excellent. I wondered how they knew the RCCL cup

Interior Stateroom

Cabin K

Great location - needs new carpeting.

previous reviewnext review