3. Norwegian Breakaway
This was my first Norwegian cruise!  I have cruised on over 30 ships. I was a little apprehensive about going on this cruise due to the negative reviews I have read. I have written only one othe review,and that was on the celebrity Summit! First let me say that people who book this cruise should know that this is a lively , fun , and loud type of ship! If you are looking for serenity! Look elsewhere ! That being said, I had a great time! Like all cruise ships, expect to pay additional monies if you want the extras! The Good! I will say for the most part all the restaurant and room staff did a very good job. The pool entertainment was great! Not your typical Steele drum band ,but a full band that played excellent music all week long. We purchased the dining package ,and ate in specialty restaurants every night. I liked Cagneys steak house, but my two favorites were the hibachi and the Brazilian steak house. The specialty restaurants were much bigger then what you would find on RCL. Reservations were easy and very flexible. The cold towels and ice water on the pier, were a nice touch after a day on the beach. There was a lot of choices in entertainment! Burn the floor was good, as was the Tina Turna impersonator . Dueling pianos were a lot of fun. The Bad! Guest Services dropped the ball! We had a noise issue with there being a crew locker room next to our balcony. They were banging away in there every morning before 7AM We made complaints about it for three days in a row. Nothing was ever done about it. My wife ran into an officer on the ship ,on the fourth day ,and explained the situation to him. He immediately took action and notified the head of that dept. and resolved the problem. He stated that guest services never notified them. The italian restaurant is the worst specialty restaurant on board. I'm italian , and I can tell you it's terrible. The circus dinner show was ok, but the meal served was just edible ! The pool area can get a little crowded! They really need another additional adult pool. The not so Ugly! I am a loyal RCL cruiser. Was it as good as The RCL OASIS ! No Way! But I have to say that it is by far much better then the Celebrity Summit that I sailed on the last time I traveled to Bermuda! The ship is kept very well and looks great. We took a balcony guarantee ,and landed in an oversized handicap room on the 12th floor, which was very nice. My only real complaint was the noise from the crew room. The bottom line.... If your looking for a quiet, stuffy, boring cruise , go the Celebrity Summit!

The Good,The Bad, and the Not so Ugly!

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by gary9534

• Sail Date: August 2014
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Large Balcony Stateroom
I have written only one othe review,and that was on the celebrity Summit!
If you are looking for serenity! Look elsewhere !
That being said, I had a great time!
Like all cruise ships, expect to pay additional monies if you want the extras!
The Good!
We purchased the dining package ,and ate in specialty restaurants every night.
The specialty restaurants were much bigger then what you would find on RCL.
Reservations were easy and very flexible.
There was a lot of choices in entertainment!
Burn the floor was good, as was the Tina Turna impersonator .
Dueling pianos were a lot of fun.
The Bad!
Guest Services dropped the ball!
We had a noise issue with there being a crew locker room next to our balcony.
They were banging away in there every morning before 7AM
We made complaints about it for three days in a row.
Nothing was ever done about it.
He stated that guest services never notified them.
The italian restaurant is the worst specialty restaurant on board.
I'm italian ,
and I can tell you it's terrible.
The circus dinner show was ok, but the meal served was just edible !
The pool area can get a little crowded!
They really need another additional adult pool.
The not so Ugly!
I am a loyal RCL cruiser.
Was it as good as The RCL OASIS !
No Way!
The ship is kept very well and looks great.
My only real complaint was the noise from the crew room.

gary9534’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Large Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B6 12286
Handicap room! Nice size.Larger balcony,Only complaint was no storage or shelves in batroom.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins