Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by kibbles37

• Sail Date: Aug 2014
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

I got a bit concerned when I read some reviews of NAVIGATOR here before my cruise because there were a number of negative reviews. My trip was nothing but great!

Everything was very organized and efficient on sail day. I got to the terminal building at 10:10 AM and they let us into the terminal building at 10:30 AM. They started boarding the ship at 11:00 AM. By 11:30 AM I was in the Windjammer (buffet) having lunch. We were able to go to our staterooms at 1:00 PM.

Throughout the entire cruise, all of the crew members I had contact with were very polite and helpful. I found the food on Navigator to be very good. I especially liked the Windjammer buffet. I am an early riser, so I was there each morning for breakfast shortly after they opened. I never had to wait in line at the Windjammer. My Server in the main dining room was great. I enjoyed everything I ate on Navigator. I would have liked to see some different choices on the menus. This is not saying the food was not well prepared - just a matter of personal taste.

The entertainment on the cruise was pretty amazing. Lots to see and do.

Upon returning to Galveston, disembarking went very well. I chose to walk off in the morning with my luggage. I was given a time of 7:00 AM to be at a certain place on the ship with my luggage. I was off the ship and in my car heading towards Houston before 8:00 AM.

I had a wonderful time and would not hesitate to sail on the Navigator of the Seas again.

kibbles37's Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom
Cabin K 1579

I was traveling by myself, so my cabin was fine for me. I had plenty of closet and drawer space. Everything functioned properly and the cabin attendant did an excellent job of maintaining the cabin. My one complaint was that the safe was too small. I travel with several cameras and the safe was smaller than I have encountered on other cruises - not a major problem. My cabin had one of RC's new Virtual Balcony's. This was a floor to ceiling video screen that was about 3 feet wide. There was a video camera mounted on the stern of the ship which gave a live feed to my "balcony". It was pretty neat. I kept thinking I was looking out a window.

kibbles37