• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Jewel of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
15 Awards

Trapped on a ship with NOTHING fun to do!

Review for Jewel of the Seas to the Western Caribbean
savikins
2-5 Cruises • Age 20s

Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2013
Cabin: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Let me start this off my saying this was my first ever cruise, and I'm really glad I didn't let it turn me off to cruising forever. My best friend invited me to go on a cruise with his family, and I said yes, considering I'd get to leave the country (it went to Cozumel) and go on a cruise for the first time! My best friend and I were both 18 at the time of sailing.

Boarding at Tampa was fine. I'm a local of Tampa so it was neat to actually board one of the big cruise ships I've always seen at the port.

Crew/Staff: Some were nice, some were bleh. Our servers in the MDR were kinda rude IMO. Most of the crew had an awkward vibe to them.

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin D1

Small and cramped. We had a balcony room. Sharing it with 3 others was not pleasant, and the sofa bed is one of the most uncomfortable beds I've had the misfortune of having to sleep on. I did get to sleep on the regular bed one night, which was pretty comfy. I couldn't really enjoy the balcony considering there was always cigarette smoke coming from the sides of above/below me. Lots of smokers on this cruise. The bathroom was ridiculously small and the shower was so cramped it made me feel claustrophobic. The decor was really dated looking, I'm surprised this ship was launched in '04.

1 Helpful Vote