3. Norwegian Dawn
This was our first experience with NCL and it will be our last. We have sailed on Carnival, Royal Caribbean, MSC and Celebrity and I would rank NCL just above MSC as the worst. Free Style cruising in my opinion is just a marketing pitch with the real goal to being to "up-sell" you to specialty dining rooms because the main dining options that come with the cruise are so poor. After trying 3 of the specialty rooms (Cagney's (ok steak), French and Italian = extra money to get you up to an average cruise dining room status. Bottom line the food was below Carnival and Royal Caribbean and way below Celebrity. The entertainment was spotty and the buffet was the worst I've seen. The table were sticky because they needed to be cleaned better and the food on the buffet (especially breakfast) was sub par. Hotdog and Hamburger buns were old and hard, pancakes and eggs were old and cold and often items were just not properly refreshed and left on the line so long the viability of the food was questionable.

Mediocre Food and Overall below average cruise line