• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2014
Cabin: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Reading quite a few reviews of this ship made me a bit apprehensive at first. Sure, I did see a bit of rust and stained carpet here and there, but that was not why I was cruising. I wanted to rest, not cook, dance my butt off and have some fun, fun, fun. I did it all.

Our balcony room was kept spotless. High praise for housekeeping department. On the food, I heard some woman complaining to a staffer that the food was terrible and the only thing she could find to eat was a banana. Well, that was on her, they had plenty of food and it all was very good. I don't make a pig of myself but, I do try many of the different food and things I don't usually make at home, anymore. It's a cruise, for God sake, they are making food for thousands and it's not gourmet but, pretty close to it.

Enjoyed each night's show. I could have done without the juggling act, though, having seeing so many jugglers before, but he was ok, even funny at times. The show singers I give high marks, especially the young lady from Ocala, Florida. She has a fantastic voice. Being in my 70"s I didn't try any of the pools or hottubs. Just not my thing. People using them looked like they were enjoying it all.

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin D2

The cabin was in a nice location (Starboard & mid-ship) with nice view. It was a connected cabin but, no problem with any noise noted. The bed was located near the bathroom. The only complaint is in regards to the bathroom light switch being on the outside, behind the bathroom door. The room gets flooded with light when one has to use the bathroom.

previous reviewnext review