• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Carnival Paradise Review

Editor Rating

My second Carnival cruise, ehh.

Review for Carnival Paradise to the Western Caribbean
bigrndahouse
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Aug 2014
Cabin:

This review will be short and to the point(s).

Food: If you enjoy Steak and Shake, you will be safe on this ship in the Main dining rooms. For buffet and the rest of the locations, just be happy you get full. The quality of the food on the ship is mediocre. My favorite place to eat was the Mongolian Wok out on the Lido deck. I didn’t try out room service though.

Entertainment: I never have seen so many people walk out on shows. It was very weak. There is nothing to do on the boat except get drunk. The game shows and other shows like that were boring to say the least. The only thing that was worthwhile was the comedy acts. On this cruise, there was Diane Ford and JR all part of the circle of Punchliner Comedy Club. Hilarious.

Cabin: Not too shabby. It was an ocean view and I did enjoy looking at the waves to pass some time due to the poor entertainment on the ship. A couple things to keep in mind, there’s only two outlets in the room and one is controlled by the bathroom switch. Bring a power strip if you plan on using electronics such as phones and laptops. Plenty of room for two people, at least the room we were in. The bathrooms were very spacious. You can take a shower with your sig other. The toilet is a little cramped though.

Port Reviews

Cozumel

Shore Excursions: We didn’t participate any SE from the ship due to the pricing. We went to Cozumel MX and went on our own excursion. The Money Bar is the place to be. They have great food, better than the ships and free snorkeling. We’ve been there twice now and awesome place to be. All it cost was $8 for the taxi ride and snorkel gear if you don’t have it. We brought ours since my mask has prescription lenses.

Find a Carnival Paradise Cruise from $219