Having read a negative comment I felt I must write and give our experience of our 40 nights on board ASTOR. We have done many cruises on ships from 10,000 tonne " Funchal" to the larger " Independence of the Seas " and our cruise on Astor was one of the best, we thought the ship very stable, my husband is not a great sailor and had no problem on our 10 days at sea. We were very impressed with all aspects of the ship the crew were very pleasant and helpful, food excellent, a very nice choice at the buffet, and main restaurants, we did go to the Asian restaurant and the Mediterranean the presentation and food was excellent. Activities were amazing every exercise you could wish for, there was craft and Art classes on every sea day, you could have piano lessons, learn to read music, join the actors or choral groups, play cards or do jigsaw puzzles, quizzes etc. Helen the cruise director and all the entertainment crew were wonderful. Helen was always doing extra things to make the voyage enjoyable, Saturday afternoon tea dance, and special buffet lunch on Sundays with free champagne. As we celebrated Anzac Day and Easter during our cruise these events were given special attention, Anzac Day dawn service was a truly memorable experience. The general atmosphere on board was very friendly, we met some wonderful people and still keep in touch, one chap was on the return trip, he came to Australia on Astor spent 6 months here and was doing the return journey, and enjoyed every minute. I know you can't please everyone but we had a wonderful trip, met some beautiful people and had great fun so for us it was a wonderful experience and yes we would do it again.

Wonderful Experience

Astor Cruise Review by Valmai

Valmai’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Astor price drops

our cabin was what we expected for an inside cabin, it was clean and well serviced, they changed our mattress on day one. Our cabin lady was very helpful.