• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

pimento!@#$
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Aug 2014
Cabin:

The best part of the cruise was the fabulous staff. The food and the staff were wonderful. I thought we were in trouble when check was a terrible experience. All other ships had signs and staff to organize the incoming passengers. Star Clippers...nothing. Several stops at ports the tender left us at a sport and we had to figure out how to get to town. Taxis took full advantage and we were told it would be perhaps 5 euros a person and it would be 10-15. Also disappointing was most of the off shore excursions. For about half of them the review by the passengers was that they were very expensive and not quite what was advertised.

I will note that one of the biggest disappointments was that we only sailed twice (while I was awake) After several days I asked when we would sail and I was told that perfect conditions were required. Not TOO windy and windy enough. For a sailing experience I recommend a MUCH smaller ship. Looking at other reviews I see others had a different experience; however, I would not go again and would not recommend them. For the money, I would look elsewhere.

Nice. Clean