3. Carnival Magic
My first cruise was in Sept 2011 on the conquest and the weather was perfect! This time was on the magic in Galveston in January. Unfortunately it was cold until late in the evening on Tuesday and I had not brought the proper clothing to be comfortable so I had to wear either my robe or the giant coat I had worn! It was the big cold front that hit the US in January 2014 and it extended the entire gulf reaching highs into the 50's and 60's on Monday and Tuesday. Sunday was in the 30's. I will cruise again in the winter but I will pack sweaters and mentally be prepared to sip warm drinks snuggled up in a sweater, reading a book enjoying the beautiful ocean pass before me instead of envisioning getting a tan poolside sipping pina coladas! It put in a rather depressed state of waiting for the sun instead of enjoying the cruise. Maybe sun maybe clouds but either way, I will be ready to enjoy. I will be ready. We packed our suits in our carry on, changed in the bathrooms and hit the hot tubs in freezing cold Galveston. No one else had their suits so this was a hoot! Grab a towel to dry off with before you get in! My husband said this was his favorite part. Then we went to the pub. The free fried chick peas they bring to the table are so good and yes it is worth $3.33 to buy the conch balls and the coconut shrimp! So wonderful. Don't miss these yummy finds. We ate at the steakhouse the first night and it was the best meal we have ever had and so romantic! I want to budget to do this more than once on my next cruise as it was the best dinner. Free bottle of wine that I took home with me and used it to cook with. White or red. That is the choice and I have heard the white is not fit to drink. the dessert with the chocolate sampler was one very delicious with hints of chocolate and other flavors. Not heavy dark chocolate. A must try! I ordered several delicious cups of coffee in the steakhouse. All was included. I liked the decor of the Conquest better than the Magic but I loved the richness of the Conquest. This seemed a bit like a Nick JR channel to me in decor. I don't know why. I wanted to love it but I just didn't feel it in much of the ship. Room was beautiful and relaxing though. And of course the dining room and Steakhouse. It is a beautiful ship just not my favorite. As always our steward was wonderful. We enjoyed eating at Scottchies in Jamaica. Take a taxi and eat everything on the menu as nothing is expensive. Red Stripe is $2 a bottle. Food is smoked and wonderful. When you google it, there are 2 locations in Jamaica and Carnival Magic cruisers are going to the one in Montego Bay. Looks like a dive but it is so neat to eat there. It is on the highway that is next to the ocean so you don't have to go deep into Jamaica to get there. I don't like to venture off the coast:o Cozumel we took a taxi around the entire island, visited local stores in the heart of the island, and went to a beach resort to snorkel. Our tour guide took such good care of us all day and wouldn't even let us go into stores without him going in first when we were site seeing in the heart of Cozumel. Tours Plaza Hire a Driver for the Day. That is the company. Highly recommend. Grand Cayman- went to a beach, and bought a coconut and drank the water from it for $2 each. Then she cut it open so I could eat the meat. Fabulous. On Saturday morning, my last sea day, I perched myself in myself in a squishy deck chair above the aft pool and watched the ocean and read a book with my swimsuit soaking up the sun. By noon it was cold again but I finally had my time in the sun and it was grand. My room was wonderful. The dining room was beautiful and the food was fine. Oh! One of the best foods on the ship was the Quattro Formaggi pizza. I am so glad I ordered it the first day! This is not you kids cheese pizza! Oh my! Sprinkled with fresh parm and italian seasoning, the thin crust is soft not crispy like a cracker. I started getting this for every meal. So I really didn't try a bunch of food on the ship in the buffets. I would eat pizza when there was no line. Just order the whole thing! If they don't have any, it only takes 8 minutes. I love Carnival even when its cold:)

I Love to Cruise! Cove Balcony cabin 2288

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by smyliecruising

smyliecruising’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Magic price drops

I love the space of the Cove Balcony but will go back to a port hole room as it is the same size and cheaper. I just don't need a balcony. I like to watch the aft of the boat on the deck above the aft pool. That is my hang out spot. I don't want to spend all my time in the room. I may try an interior next time so I can eat in the steak house every night with my savings!Any room on a cruise is great to me!
  Carnival Magic Deck Plans

• Cozumel
    Cozumel we took a taxi around the entire island, visited local stores in the heart of the island, and went to a beach resort to snorkel. Our tour guide took such good care of us all day and wouldn't even let us go into stores without him going in first when we were site seeing in the heart of Cozumel. Tours Plaza Hire a Driver for the Day. That is the company. Highly recommend. Take money as the hours will add up but you can go eat, site see, snorkel, or whatever and he will get you back to the boat on time! The company doesn't want any bad reviews.
    View All 6,718 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Grand Cayman (Georgetown)
    Grand Cayman- went to a beach. I cant remember which. It was a free beach. We bought coconuts and drank the water from them while we relaxed on the beach. $2 each. Then she cut them open so we could eat the meat. Fabulous.
    View All 3,402 Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Review
  • Montego Bay
    We enjoyed eating at Scottchies in Jamaica. Take a taxi and eat everything on the menu as nothing is expensive. Red Stripe is $2 a bottle. Food is smoked and wonderful. When you google it, there are 2 locations in Jamaica and Carnival Magic cruisers are going to the one in Montego Bay. Looks like a dive but it is so neat to eat there! Great place to gather with a group of friends. It is on the highway that is next to the ocean so you don't have to go deep into Jamaica to get there. I don't like to venture off the coast:oThis is the only thing I have enjoyed in Jamaica. My last tour was the croyden plantation and I don't like death defying bus trips up Jamaican mountains. Some do.
    View All 474 Montego Bay Cruise Port Reviews