We enjoyed the ports of call. We met a lot of nice people. I wouldn't say the ship experience was the best. This is our third HAL cruise. Our room was very nice. Clean, comfortable, and a sweet steward who took good care of us.

The entertainment is always clean and tasteful, devoid of innuendos. I do love the shows. This groups was good. They were stronger when singing together, then when doing solos.

The food is what I was not thrilled about. I have always loved the dining room and it is very pretty, fancy, etc but the food was just not good. It looked good, but didn't taste good. The Lido is good, but you have to keep jumping up and down. The Pinnacle was disappointing. My husbands steak was touch, and my fish was dry. And you have to pay extra for that!!

Overall though, we had a fine time. We met nice people and the ports were nice.

The shore excursions are hit or miss. The bus tour in Quebec was disappointing. There was a marathon that day and we got stuck on a bus for three hours!! Frustrating, when we could have been walking around. And when we weren't stopped for that, the bridge was up, and we were waiting for that. Seriously, in Quebec City, I would do my own thing. Get off the ship, and go through the old section, take the funicular and then go up. There is plenty to see.

We did the Islands a Finest tour in Charlottetown, and the best part was the lobster lunch! Fabulous food. Bar harbor Maine is delightful! We did Oli's trolleys up to Acadia park. This is an excellent outfit. Very clean buses and a good guide and very reasonable.

Enjoyable but not memorable

Maasdam Cruise Review by Spodelover

Overall though, we had a fine time. We met nice people and the ports were nice.

Spodelover’s Full Rating Summary

It was an obstructed view, and we were happy with it.

Maasdam Deck Plans