We've done several cruises but never flown before so this one was a first for us. Check in and transfer were very efficient, easy and the luggage appeared in the cabin shortly after lunch. I packed swimmers in the hand luggage so we could use the pool on arrival. Plenty of clean swimming towels are available in the Spa changing rooms. Evening meal service and menu were once again brilliant, with options on the menu for every taste, and my gluten free diet again catered for superbly. Portions are smaller than they used to be, but frankly they were far too big before. After a starter, soup course, main and desert most 'normal' people will feel satisfied. For diners who are particularly hungry the waiting staff will, if spoken to nicely, bring extra starters, deserts etc. as always I found that showing respect to others earns respect. Sunbeds did seem to be a problem on this cruise, which I have not experienced before. I put this down to the limited sea days, the fact that some people were only on board for a week, and the 'British' need to go home with a tan come what may. Whatever the reason, it wasn't really P and O's fault. I also found most people had fried themselves plenty by around 2.30 and sunbeds could easily be found on the higher decks. The buffet as usual was busy and it is difficult to find a table. Which is why we always use the main dining rooms at breakfast, and at lunchtime. Most lunchtimes the restaurant was half empty. The choice was excellent as usual, with light snacks and more filling options available. I never understand why more people don't use it. We find you need to choose the trips carefully. Some do offer really good value, and the companies used are all of a good quality, it is equally as easy to do some things yourself so planning ahead is worthwhile. Others,when compared with the DIY option are a bit pricey, either way, the choice is yours. There isn't a big sell on the trips. Overall the ship was clean, staff friendly and we mostly met lots of like minded and pleasant fellow travellers. I would echo comments made by the smoker passenger who commented on the limited areas for smokers. I'm not a smoker, P and O have really listened to feedback in the last couple of years, smoking in cabins and on balconies is no longer permitted and passengers who are rude and disrespectful of others tend to out number the smokers ! Thanks P and O. Another great holiday.

Very enjoyable once again

Ventura Cruise Review by Mrsmoran69

Thanks P and O. Another great holiday.
Mrsmoran69’s Full Rating Summary