Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review
1,939 Reviews

A fantastic 40th Birthday Trip for my Wife!

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by rbuenger

• Sail Date: Aug 2014
  • Destination: Greece

My wife and I spent 4 days in Venice prior to our boarding of Silhouette; taking in the sites of Venice, Murano, Burano and Torcello! It is an awesome city, very glad to finally have gotten to see it...

We had a water taxi take us to the pier around 11am and I was surprised to see that there was no porter service for our baggage, we were on our own to get them inside and on to the conveyor. Luckily, we had our Luggage tags already on each bag as I also did not see anyone there to give passengers luggage tags, there were several passengers standing around looking for luggage tags.

Once we were inside the terminal, we were steered to the line for Suites and the check-in process was swift and were we on our way onto the ship within 10 minutes. There was some confusion at the Security line as they were asking for our boarding number that was to be given to us by the person that checked us in, but we were not given a number, only our Sea-Pass Cards, so they were not going to let us board. There was a Celebrity Rep nearby and she quickly resolved the issue for us.

Upon boarding the ship, we were greeted by a Celebrity Rep who escorted us to Michael's Club, where we were greeted by Anca, the Celebrity Suite Host on Silhouette. I must say that having a dedicated Suite Lounge is worth it for us, it became a daily stop! We were so happy to see Cranston behind the bar in Michael's Club! Cranston was our Pool bartender on Solstice in June, 2012 for our Honeymoon and he immediately recognized us when we entered the club and even remember what our drink preferences were! We had a relaxing time waiting in Michael's Club for our room to be ready. While we waited there were reps there to help us with Specialty Dining and Shore Excursions. We met with the Dining Rep and booked a 5 night Dining Package and made our reservations for Tuscan Grille for the 1st night and subsequent reservations for Qsine, Murano & Lawn Club Grille. We then met with the Excursion Concierge who set us up for a private tour of Dubrovnik for the next day. This worked out great for us as we had not planned anything for that port and we are not fans of the group tours offered by Celebrity. At about 1:20 our Butler, Allano, joined us in the Club to escort us to our Suite. It was great getting t know Allano over our time on Silhouette and he made sure our every need was attended to!

After we dropped off our carry-ons in the room, we headed to Bistro on Five for a quiet lunch and then explored the ship a bit. We then returned to Michael's Club to grab a drink before heading to our room to grab a quick nap before our Venice Sail Away. When we got to Micheal's Club upon boarding, we were given an invitation to a Sail Away Party on the Helipad, which was great! We headed to the Forward Elevators on 6, as instructed and fro, there we were escorted to the Helipad. I must say, this is a fantastic way to enjoy the transit through the Grand Canal to open water, it was a site to be seen!

After the Sail Away, we retired to our Cabin to get ready for dinner at Tuscan Grille, which was timed perfectly to enjoy a beautiful Sunset. The food and Service was outstanding.

Day 2 brought us an early afternoon arrival in Dubrovnik, so we ordered Breakfast from room service that was delivered and setup on our Balcony by our Butler. After breakfast, we explored the ship some more before heading to Micheal's Club to meet the Excursion Concierge for our Tour of Dubrovnik. The excursion could not have been better, it was great getting to see this beautiful place and our guide was fantastic. My wife and I both agreed that we will come back to Croatia to sped more time, it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I was money well spent for a private excursion. We had dinner reservation at Qsine this evening. The food was interesting and the service was good, but it was our least favorite specialty restaurant was visited.

Our 3rd day was a Sea day, so I had rented an Alcove for the day to avoid the full pool deck. I was awake early enough to see a beautiful sunrise over the Adriatic, it was great. My wife slept in and I headed down to Michael's Club for a Coffee before heading out to find our Alcove. I was met by the Alcove attendant who went over everything with me and from there I headed to the Oceanview Cafe for some breakfast. The Oceanview was the only dining venue in which I felt fell short of Celebrity standards. It was easy enough to get 2 eggs cooked to order, but the rest of it just looked like crap. I had breakfast twice on OC but that was the extent of meals at the buffet. My wife and I headed to our Alcove around 10:30 and enjoyed some quiet time reading and having cocktails. We ordered lunch from The Lawn Club around 12:30 and the attendant set it up in our Alcove, which was a great option. We sent the rest of the afternoon going between our Alcove and the pool. We headed to our room about 5:00 to get ready for the 1st Formal Night. We were invited to the Captains Cocktail party in Michael's Club before dinner, so we enjoyed time meeting the Captain and several other officers. We then headed to the MDR, this was the only time we had dinner in the MDR, we had Select Dining and we were seating right away when we arrived. The food and service was great, but as we already knew, the tables are very close together so its not my favorite. After dinner, we enjoyed the late theater show and then some gambling before heading to bed.

Day 4 brought us to Kusadasi, Turkey where we had setup a 5 Hour private tour of Ephesus and Mary's House through Viator and our Credit Card Concierge. The Guide and Driver met us right outside of the port exit and we were on our way. The tour of both Ephesus and Mary's house was fantastic and our guide did a great job. There was a nice ocean breeze blowing tough the ancient city that day, so it was not so hot. We then headed back to the ship, choosing to bypass the Carpet Factories and Grand Bazaar. When we got back to the ship, the cold towels and water were awaiting us! We headed to our room to change into swimming suits and then hit the pool to cool off. Since we had a 9pm departure from Kusadasi, the pool was pretty deserted when we got there, so we enjoyed the quiet time. We had previously not had any dinner plans for that evening other than the MDR, but since we had enjoyed Tuscan Grille on our 1st night so much, we decided to have dinner there again and it was also a great experience.

Day 5 brought us to Mykonos, Greece. Since we have been here several times before, we opted to just enjoy the town center by wandering around the winding streets and having lunch seaside before returning to the ship. We had reservations at Murano that evening to celebrate my wife's 40th birthday, which the staff at Murano pulled off beautifully! The food and service were outstanding....

Day 6 brought us to Corfu. We again opted to do this port on our own. We took the shuttle into town and wandered around the town center. This was by far the hottest day we encountered on our journey, so after several hours we were ready too head back to the ship and enjoy some pool time. We were pretty worn out so we decided to have dinner on our balcony that evening. One phone call to our Butler, Allano and we were all set.

Day 7 was another Sea day, which we again enjoyed in our Alcove and we had one last dinner at Tuscan Grille on our last night.

Since we had an afternoon flight, we opted to get off of the ship around 9:30, we spent the morning enjoying the hospitality in Michael's Club, waiting for our number to be called and once it was we walked right off the ship to meet our private transfer to the airport....

All in all was had a fantastic trip and we will sail with Celebrity again.

rbuenger's Full Rating Summary

Room and Butler were fantastic!

rbuenger