3. Avalon Poetry II

My wife and I recently completed a Danube River cruise aboard the Avalon PoetryII. This was our second river cruise with Avalon. Like the first we were completely satisfied with the ship. Our cabin was nicely decorated and was the size expected. Meals were outstanding as were the wines that were offered. The ships crew were always courteous and helpful. Housekeeping was top notch. We chose to take most of the optional tours and were able to see a lot of the visited countries. Primary onboard entertainment was a lounge singer who was good.

The hotels in Prague and Budapest used for pre- and post cruise stays were much better than expected. They were both InterContinental. We had to travel by bus from Prague to Nuremburg to board the PoetryII and I enjoyed the opportunity to see the countryside of the Czech Republic and Germany.

We would highly recommend Avalon Waterways.

Danube Cruise

Avalon Poetry II Cruise Review by JoeLynn

We would highly recommend Avalon Waterways.

JoeLynn’s Full Rating Summary

Cabin was nicely decorated and well maintained. Sliding glass doors enabled us to view the scenery while relaxing in our bed. Cabins are never big enough but space was adequate.

Avalon Poetry II Deck Plans