3. Carnival Liberty

We have cruised many times(over 30) and this one was great except for the food. Getting on and off the ship was a breeze. We bought ground transportation from airport to ship and back but there was a little mixup on the numbers called to get off. We had # 3 and by the time they called it they had already had up to # 10 suitcases out. No big deal we made it to the airport in time for flight.

I don't think this is a pretty ship at all. The décor is so drab but very clean. It is hard to read the names of the venues with the kind of lighting they have.

The Guys burgers, fish & chips, burritos and the Asian food cannot be beat, very good. The food in the buffet and MDR did not fair so well. The pizza is so thin and I didn't get a piece that wasn't burnt. The ice cream is just frozen milk, but we did eat a few of these. I think Carnival has cut down on their staff because the service was so slow, especially in the MDR. Our server and ass't server were very friendly and they all work so hard. You have to feel for them.

The pools were always crowded on sea days, but I could always find a chair. They do put the chairs so close together that they are touching and they can be hard to get into.

Very relaxing, good ship but could use some improvement in the food.

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by seagoers

seagoers’s Full Rating Summary

We loved our cabin. Out the door and there was the elevator. Two floors up and there was the buffet for coffee In the morning, to be brought back down to the cabin. We always carry our traveling mugs and it makes for a great coffee carrier. The balcony was the smallest we have ever had on any ship, hardly any room to walk in front of the chairs, but it was still nice to set out there and enjoy with so many sea days.

Two floors down and there was the promenade deck, where all the action is. Four floors down was the dining room. So from now on I am going to make sure I book a room around the same location as this one.

Carnival Liberty Deck Plans