• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

waco42
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Aug 2014
Cabin:

This was my 1st cruise on Norwegian. I have sailed with Carnival several times in the past and thought this would be a nice change. Embarkation was pretty easy and fast. We did get to the port early to avoid the lines. Disembarkation was smooth and fast as well.

The crew is very nice and friendly. Kelly, my steward, was great. He remembered each of our names after the 1st time we met. Anytime we needed something he seemed to appear.

I usually do not pay much attention to reviews about the food on a ship. I have never had an issue with any. It has always been good and a great variety. But that was on Carnival. The only time I saw lobster was in the Cagney steakhouse. That was in an alfredo and not a tail. They did have prime rib on the buffet that was good. The menu was the same everyday on the buffet for breakfast and lunch. They may change one item but seemed to be the same. The food was ok. The food in the main dining rooms were good. Nothing had that wow factor I have come to expect on at least one meal while at sea. I did eat at the steakhouse, Cagney's, once. It was good but not sure it was worth 30.00 a person. The desserts were awful. The ones on the buffet were more like the no bake stuff you get the store. There were a few good ones in the dining room. They had a chocolate night in the dining room. I think only 2 items were actually chocolate.

Small and cramped feeling