3. Viking Var

We actually did the reverse itinerary from Basel to Amsterdam. We had three cabins for our party of six.

The ports were all interesting with the usual good selection of included shore excursions we have come to expect from Viking. The dining room staff made sure we had a table reserved of six each night for our party.

Food was generally good, but not considered gourmet in my opinion. I am amazed they can do anything in such a small galley, but they manage to pull it off.

Our verandah cabins were well laid out with the modern appointments that you would expect from a newer ship.

We have booked the new large Viking Star for 2015 and are looking forward to the voyage.

Excellent experience as usual on Viking

Viking Var Cruise Review by Batonwaver