3. Jewel of the Seas

I usually don't write reviews but I feel that this one is warranted. My family and I have been on several cruises. This cruise was our sixth cruise. Well to start at the beginning. The embarkation was fine. There was no problem getting on the ship.

Good Points: There were no lines and no waiting. Jewel of the Seas is a small ship compared to most that we have been on. However, I though the rooms were quit sizable. We had a room with a balcony which was great. There was enough space for our clothing and the restroom was a good size. We left for Puerto Rico, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, Barbados, and Antigua. The sailing was pretty smooth and never really knew that we were moving.The ports were wonderful. We always got off the ship and there were several drivers waiting to take you on a tour for about $20.00 per person for about and hour or two. Or you had the option of walking the island because the shopping was always immediately off the ship or within 5 miles and you could get a taxi for 5.00. The staff was fairly nice. We rarely saw our room steward but when we did she was very helpful and nice.

Bad Points: There was a smell throughout the ship. On various floors and sometimes in our restroom there was an odor that smelled like sewage. It was not unbearable but at times I wanted to avoid going to certain places because I knew the smell would be there. For kids, the only activities on the ship were Wii and the Arcade which was significantly small. This is not a ship for kids. They should bring electronics if the want to have something to do. Other than rock climbing and the basketball court, there is nothing else they could possibly do. For adults, the casino and Art Gallery were the only options. The major attraction on this cruise was the ports. The food was just okay. There was nothing on this ship that made me say wow. The main dining hall food was not as tasty as other Royal Carribean ships we have been on. The Windjammer was average. Same food almost every day. Could have been more variety.

Finally, the debarkation was also fast and efficient. There were no lines or issues at all. We were off in no time. We used Royal's Shuttle bus and it was good as well. Overall, somewhat of a disappointment but I would definitely do Royal again.

Could have been better!!

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by asadler

asadler’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12

The cabin was spectacular. It was spacious. There could be more stations on the TV but it a great room.

Jewel of the Seas Deck Plans