3. Disney Fantasy

My wife and I were asked to go on this cruise by our son who was going with his two daughters. I did not know what to expect. But given the cost of the cruise we had high expectations.

Th Fantasy is a very beautiful ship. We had a smooth trip with following seas. The staff was fantastic. The shows presented on the ship were fantastic.

But don't think of this cruise as a relaxing time. The cruise is noisy and crowded. I realize the focus is family/children so I guess that would be expected. There were also adult only areas for refuge, but these are mainly bars, and since I am not a drinker that was not an option. There were also "pool" areas for adults only and we did use those a couple of times.

The family pools were crowded, mainly because they were small and the number of people there.

The food was ok. Most the meals we had at the assigned restaurants were lukewarm. Eventually we opted for Cabanas - much better.

Wi-Fi was available -for $89.

The Disney characters and photographers were great in allowing personal photography. Other wise 10 pictures cost $149.

Housekeeping was great!!!

Shore trips...well,not much difference between one beach and another. And of course one is always accosted by people selling things. I finally bought a souvenir in Jamaica - a handbag - made in China. Really.

The organization for embarkation and debarkation was great.

My granddaughters loved kids' zone.

All in all a good experience, but not justified by the cost.

The magic of Disney is making one's money disappear.

First Time Cruiser

Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by back-space

Wi-Fi was available -for $89.

Housekeeping was great!!!

The organization for embarkation and debarkation was great.

My granddaughters loved kids' zone.

All in all a good experience, but not justified by the cost.

The magic of Disney is making one's money disappear.

back-space’s Full Rating Summary