• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Phil347
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jul 2014
Cabin:

This was my first and last cruise with this line,

The crew is 95% Philippians and spoke and radioed to each other in their native tongue which is fine with me but I would be very confused in an emergency situation, even the practice life boat drill had a huge language gap.

the available Internet was only available for a fee, as was virtually everything on the ship including coffee, pop and water. I ordered a glass of wine but was up sold to a bottle that would be available to me when ever I wanted a glass, they lost it and it took 5 days to receive a replacement. We were given Complimentary beverage cards and told to use them quickly as they had no cash value, we did so on a 3 bottle wine package over $ 100 and then we were embarrassed to be told the cards were not valid and that it would be charged to our credit card ( in all fairness they did give us a credit to cover this after several trips to the front desk )

room had a queen size bed lots of closets and a 4 piece bathroom ( no fan )small TV and a wee desk.Our unobstructed view balcony was a non opening window with people walking by at all hours and a spot light directly outside ( curtains had to be drawn shut at all times )

Port Reviews

Montreal

Came in from the airport via taxi that we split with other passengers we met on the plane . Taxi $40.00

Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island)

The Seafood Chef ( $319.90 ) PLUS drinksThis was supposed to be an interactive cooking lesson and meal.We walked to a restaurant that was just starting to open for business and sat at the bar while the chef cooked mussels in a pan, then another pan with 2 shrimps, more mussels, followed by 3 raw oysters on the half shell. The Chef and his assistant were very friendly but basically we paid over $350 dollars to watch a 30 dollar meal being prepared.This was not a worthwhile expenditure.

Boston