3. Carnival Splendor

We were 6 friends waiting at Port and wondering why so long when it was announced we were changinging our iternary to Bermuda from Canada and away from the Hurricane.

This is my 15th cruise having sailed with Carnival, Holland, Cunard and Nowegian. The FOOD was HORRIBLE in the main dining room for Every Meal. It is the same food as is being served at the Buffet. The Chefs don't care on Carnival. I really believe that Carnival will eventually go Buffet Only plus Pizza and Burgers. Carnival is joking with the patrons when the food is this bad. Carnival does not care, the food is of the lowest grade and cooked SO Bad. Did I say the FOOD was Bad, Horrible. You won't gain weight cruising with Carnival.

Service was nice and attentive all over the ship. Our stewards did a nice job too. Bed was comfortable, AC first day was not very strong but did some work the second day and it helped. We had a Spa Balcony Room, nice size and gave us access to Spa with it's own large jacuzzi, sauna rooms and more.

The comedians were good. The best part was being rerouted to Sunny Bermuda even if it was only for the day. I keep saying no more Carnival but they have the schedule I need. Our last 3 cruises with them the food has been as awful as the last. A pity as when we cruised with our kids in 1999 the food was suprisingly good. Also the wine list is low grade.

Best part of the cruise thankfully we went to Bermuda

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by RichardH13

• Sail Date: July 2014
  • Destination: Bermuda

RichardH13’s Full Rating Summary

Room 1033 Spa Balcony, nice size room and gives you access to Spa.

Carnival Splendor Deck Plans