Cruised Genoa-Venice in July for 7 nights.  This was the first cruise for my wife and I, and I must say I was a bit apprehensive with some of the reviews which posted negative comments. After 7 wonderful days, I feel very sad for anybody who could possibly post negative comments over petty issues- this cruise experience was quite simply outstanding! The ship Ventura is a beautiful piece of engineering, a remarkable quality hotel floating on sea, with barely any reminder that it was carrying thousands of people across the Mediterranean. A wide variety of activities to suit most tastes kept us occupied all the time, with the only difficulty trying to work out how to prioritize. Everything was organised extremely well, with no fuss, ranging from embarkation to port activities and finally disembarkation. The food was plentiful, high quality, beautifully presented, fresh, and served by a team of hard working waiters. Occasionally a waiter may look a bit tired, but all it needed was politeness from the diner and an interest in where they came from etc to bring a smile. Entertainment was varied, very professional, and rounded off wonderful days at sea or on land. I think P and O have obviously been doing cruises for some time now, and they are a quality act. I know that some people write reviews and compare/contrast, sometimes negatively, with other companies. All I can say is that I hope I never get spoiled by cruise experiences as I suspect some reviewers have been, and shall be delighted to pass on my money again for more cruise experiences on the Ventura.

Outstanding!