• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jul 2014
Cabin:
Traveled with children

We were looking for a deal in the UK school holidays and sure did we find one. We found the cruise on sale at £599 which at £50 pppn summer holidays was unbeatable. We were not sure about the ports being so close to home, but felt assured that we would enjoy the ship and its facilities non the less. We have been on P&O Ventura twice, and my parents who also traveled with us have sailed with Princess and held them in very high esteem since their very first cruise on the Dawn Princess around 15 years ago.

Although the Ruby Princess in almost identical to Ventura in appearance the feel of the ship, and quality of service and food is so much nicer. We were so pleased with the food quality in the main dining rooms it was a revelation compared to P&O fayre. The buffet food quality was superb with beautiful roast dinners my choice.

Each night Fillet Steak medallions were available, almost every night I had the fish dishes which in all cases were excellent. I really enjoyed trying new fish dishes that I had not tried before. Apart from the view we were left a little underwhelmed at Sabatinis due to the stunning service and food quality elsewhere. The lobster dinner night was amazing, I had an extra lobster tail and it was delicious. Other party members had the Beef Wellington which was noted as being the best ever tasted. Who could resist the Baked Alaska?

Great location for Atrium, International Cafe, Vines, Main Dining Room. No noise external noise at all from theater above.

1 Helpful Vote