3. Navigator of the Seas
Having cruised on Carnival 3 times in the past, we really expect Royal Carribean to be an upgrade from Carnival. Wow, we were so wrong. Everything was terrible. The food, the rooms, the "entertainment", you name it. Nothing was an upgrade from Carnival. The main restaurant, the "Windjammer", is only open for a few hours. They have the same food almost everyday! If you're hungry around 7PM, which is the time that almost everyone gets out the pool, you either have to have a reservation at the "Main Dinning" restaurant, and get dressed, or else you'll have to eat at the "pizza and deli shop" (which almost never had pizza or only had one choice of pizza). The only other restaurants open were the ones like Johnny Rockets and the sushi restaurant, which of course, had a cover charge. So basically you eat crap food, or pay even more to eat diffrent food. The rooms were the smallest rooms I've ever seen. The second bed in our room came down from the celing OVER the queen size bed. You better hope you don't bVe to go to the restroom in the middle of the night or else you either hit your head on the bed or fall off the bun bed, depending on which bed you were sleeping in. House keeping was okay, expect that they totally ignored the "Do Not Disturbed" sign. The volume control for the speaker in our room would t work, so whenever there were any announcements in the middle of the night, it would wake us all up. You would think Royal Caribbean would have some consideration to NOT make any announcements in the middle of the night. And lastly, the entertainment. There was almost NOTHING to do besides drink and gamble, or wait 30 minutes in line till it's your turn on the wave simulator. Other than that, you can either sit in the pool and sun tan, or go to your room and watch tv. Royal carribiean needs to add more activities onboard! While I was on carnival, I almost never wanted to go back to my statement room, but on Royal Caribbean, that was almost the only thing to do. Yes of course there was the rock climbing wall and the skating rink, but they were almost never open! If it was, it was only for about an hour or while we were docked at a port. Well my point here is, if you have a family or you want to have a little more adventure, think twice before going on Royal Caribbean. But if all you want to do is drink and gamble, I recommend Royal carribiean.

Such a downgrade from Carnival