3. Balmoral
forget the negative reviews, you'll find the ship clean, the food impeccable and the service courteous. I was slightly nervous bearing in mind my previous experience on Black Watch and the reviews this year - but I loved everything about this cruise. So much so we've booked on the same ship for next year. Whilst the 3 restaurants are fine - we were in Avon and the views were wonderful, we ate mostly though in the Palms cafe, initially because our table bookign time at 6.30pm was too early but consequently because we loved the relaxed pace and the choice of food was incredible (quality matching it!) Everyone we met commented on the high quality of the food. I had the pleasure of meeting the Chef de Cuisine, Alex Saxon and he told me that he was 3 months into his time on the ship and was still improving the food (blimey!) Our cabin (9091) was kept absolutely spotless by the efficient Emma and room service to the cabin was exceptionally quick and good quality. The bar staff were unerringly smiling and impeccably dressed, served quickly and the prices were exceptionally good (big thanks to Ruby in the Lido who was our fave!) Talon topped the entertainment bill and as always were a crowd pleaser. The ships entertainment group were slick and professional but I MUST mention the crew's entertainment evening and the display given by the engineering crew of "crazy frog" - I've never seen anything as inventive or funny, the whole of the Neptune lounge was in gales of laughter. So well done Fred Olsen and the staff of Balmoral - you've made me (and I suspect many others on the cruise) very happy holiday makers!

ABSOLUTELY SUPERB!

Balmoral Cruise Review by londonlady2

• Sail Date: July 2014
  • Destination: Spain
londonlady2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Balmoral price drops

Really superb cabin with views over the ship's wake, only downside was occasional soot from the funnel
  Balmoral Deck Plans