3. Island Escape
I can’t speak highly enough of the Island Escape. From reading some of the reviews you would have thought this was an old tugboat! In reality it is a floating 3 star hotel. Yes, we all know it is getting on a bit – but so are most of the people who cruise on it, me included! You have to remember what you are paying for here, the all-inclusive package is excellent and will suit 90% of the people. It has San Miguel and a bitter (don’t know which one, but tasted okay) on draft, Excellent Red and White Wine and all local spirits. It even had Slimline Tonic which suited us just fine and a selection of cocktails. If you are sitting at the pool bar all drinks (except wine) are served in plastic glasses but everywhere else is proper glasses. There is no quibble about drinks and you can order as many as you want. The ship is very clean with hand sanatisers throughout. Entertainment is first class and something for everyone. The main show runs twice so everyone gets a chance to see it, but still get there half hour early if you want a good seat. The food is exactly how you image, 2 x buffet restaurant’s one is slightly more formal where you get seated and they bring you drinks and other is a free for all but the food is identical and lots of choice. There are two restaurants you pay a cover charge for and the food is superb, well worth a go. Please be aware if you eat in the Oasis gentleman you will need a pair of trousers (I had to buy a pair) but was well worth it for an extra £15.00 per head (I had lobster, my wife Fillet steak). Because it is a small ship we only had one tender ride (Villafranche) and everywhere else is in walking distance of the towns with good bus and train links. We only took one trip to Nice and Monaco, which was a full day and excellent value. All in all I would give Island Escape 10/10 for what you pay for. The highlight for me was the Sail-away bar where you can have a drink on the upper deck and watch the ship leave port. If you want first class go with another Cruise line, if you want a very friendly holiday with lots of fun and drinking – Go Island Escape.

Island Escape - Excellant

Island Escape Cruise Review by tcg glasgow

tcg glasgow’s Full Rating Summary
Get Thomson Cruises Island Escape price drops

Very good although quite small

More Thomson Cruises Island Escape Reviews