• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

jbayard
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jul 2014
Cabin:

My wife, 20 year old daughter, and I just returned from the Carnival Elation cruise on July 26th. We were all extremely pleased. The food was very good, the service was excellent, and I do not understand the critics who apparently were so unhappy with this cruise. We read many negative reviews before departing and were quite concerned. However, I kept asking our tablemates and my family "who are these people reviewing this cruise?" The only thing I can figure is that it's Carnival's competitors writing the reviews.

Yes, the ship is a bit old. Yes, the ship is not one of the mega-liners. Yes, the decor may not be to everyone's taste. But for the money spent, we believe we received FULL value. Our dining room waitress, Lydia, was outstanding and made absolutely sure that anything anyone at the table asked for was delivered promptly. Our cabin stewardess, Tapa, more than took care of us and when she realized that we consumed a large amount of ice, instead of one bucket, she brought two 2 or 3 times a day. The best meal on the Elation is the At-Sea Brunch. The Eggs Benedict are superb.

Be sure to get a massage in Progresso. $10-20 for a great massage on the beach; can't beat it! Also, the best enchiladas I have ever had ANYWHERE were at the Three Amigos in Cozumel. It's the first restaurant once you get to the port and it is definitely worth it.

previous reviewnext review