• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

sivadasil
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jul 2014
Cabin:

The food in the dining room and the lunch buffet had excellent food. A buffet option should also be available. I have to say that the dining experience was not very pleasurable in several ways. The last night, the entree didn't arrive until one hour and twenty minutes had passed. The shortest time for the entree to arrive was 55 minutes. I have to say that I ate much wonderful Mediterranean seafood and other dishes. So many children were running around the dining room and screaming while the waiters were carrying their heavy trays that a possible dangerous situation was there. Some children were crawling down the aisles and under the tables. A few were climbing the dividing walls. Some were jumping down short flights of steps for entertainment. This is not my idea of a good dining experience.

I had a nice roomy cabin. Noise started about midnight above my head and continued (every night) until about 2 am. The kitchen was there.

The excursions were very good. I don't recommend the "total freedom" excursions, although some might benefit from them. The independence in this type of excursion was not good for me who needed more guidance to see the sights.

I had a nice roomy cabin. Noise started about midnight above my head and continued (every night) until about 2 am. Loud banging of metal items. The kitchen was there. I was warned that the elevator was behind my cabin, but I could not hear any noise from it at any time.

Port Reviews

Barcelona

We were taken to a scenic lookout above a botanical garden near the port, La Sagrada Familia and walked past a few sites such as a cathedral and an old palace. Some time was spent in La Rambla. This area had some independent booths selling unique items but most of the stores were chain stores that you see everywhere. Very hot and crowded in July. Tour guide did the best she could. We had 2 delays due to people not coming back to the bus on time. I enjoyed the Hard Rock Cafe the most. I don't care if I ever go to this city again.

Find a Costa Serena Cruise