3. Norwegian Sun

The cruise to Alaska was breathtaking. I shared this cruise with two friends. We had an inside room and found it to be very spacious with lots of storage. More than some friends we met on board that had a balcony room and there was just two of them. Our room steward was great and did a fantastic job,

The entertainment was fantastic. Laurie one of the entertainers could have used a bigger venue like the observation Lounge as her show was always packed and standing room only. She is very friendly and includes everyone.

The food was mediocre at best. We felt they didn't offer enough choices when it came to veggies and not all staff told you about the chef's meal. We didn't buy any beverage packages as we felt they were overpriced, not allowing you to select different levels or amounts. We aren't big drinkers of alcohol or soda.

In the Observation Lounge there was a musty odor as well as in other areas of the ship. As someone who has an allergy to molds and mildews it was had to be in certain areas of the lounge - even though it was one of my favorite places to sit and watch the .scenery.

We booked all of our own excursions and had a wonderful time on all of them.

I like the Freestyle cruising for the most part and met many nice people. Would i go Norwegian again? Yes unless I got a better deal. from somewhere else.

Mediocre at best

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by Kay2jenny

• Sail Date: July 2014
  • Destination: Alaska

We booked all of our own excursions and had a wonderful time on all of them.

Kay2jenny’s Full Rating Summary