3. SuperStar Libra

Star cruise operates several cruises around South East Asia catered mainly for passengers from Singapore, Malaysia and Hongkong. Some of these cruises can be quite inexpensive and offers something like a sampler for people who have never experience a cruise.

I was onboard the Libra, It has been recently refurbished and everything seems to be working.

However, I felt that it is very much a gambling ship with most of passengers being hardcore gamblers! Usually nowhere to be seen except at the casinoes

One must realize that the parent company of this cruise is Genting group which is a large casino operator in Asia.

it is such a farce when they announce that safety drills are compulsory and when the time came, no one bothers to attend, The crew basically stands there as if there is nothing they can do about it. If it is necessary to conduct a safety drill, the ship must ensure all restaurants and facilities get passengers out.

Something bit me and left my leg really itchy. If it were bed bugs I would be sorely disappointed with this operator.

The ship service is pretty prompt and there is not much to complain there.

Overall, you can sometimes get a bargain cruise from them. I think they make money from the casinoes, not so much from true cruise passengers

Not such a great experience

SuperStar Libra Cruise Review by mikec71

• Sail Date: July 2014
  • Destination: Asia

The ship service is pretty prompt and there is not much to complain there.

mikec71’s Full Rating Summary