Ruby Princess Cruise Review

Need to comment more....

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Mary from Hawaii

• Sail Date: Jun 2014
  • Destination: the British Isles & Western Europe

After reading other reviews of this cruise ship and this particular cruise, I wanted to add some comments:

Yes, the internet sucked! I pre purchased and got an additional 40 minutes BUT to get my minutes, I had to purchase and then get a refund and lost my free minutes!I It normally took a good 10+ minutes to get connected and see my e mail list. Just do the port Wifi's

I pre purchased wine and liquor but they refused to deliver it all to my room so I had to call room service again and again and that also involved a tip each time.

The cruise director Martyn, was awful. I could barely make it through the morning " news" because he was so arrogant. In person he was worse! Where did they find that one???

BOX WINES? SERIOUSLY???? I would go to the bars and ask for a Cab or a Merlot and they would fill my glass right in front of me from a BOX! I was then charged $7-$8 a glass. Back in London, I saw that wine and it was ten pounds! Boy, did they make out! Shameful!

It was apparently a secret whether there would be shuttles at the ports...luckily we are very versatile and made each port work but it would have been nice to know ahead of time.

To go to the dinning room, we had to walk the length of the ship to the only elevator that took us to the dinning room otherwise you could not get there. Ridiculous!

HINT! I read a lot of reviews about people going from the airport to the ship and being tired. Go in a few days early...we left London and stayed at the Blue Keys for two nights and got up refreshed, had a good breakfast, and took a cab to the ship. EASY!

Mary from Hawaii's Full Rating Summary

Note that if you have a basic stateroom, you will not have anyplace to sit! No couch and only the one chair...our mini suite had a couch and a big easy chair....I should have booked a room closer to the buffet so I could run up the stairs,for morning coffee.The laundry on our floor was way at the other end. I just walked up one flight and I was at a laundry room....short and sweet so study your deck plan!

Mary from Hawaii