Ruby Princess Cruise Review

So So....

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Mary from Hawaii

• Sail Date: Jun 2014
  • Destination: the British Isles & Western Europe

This was our first experience on Princess Lines. We had a mini suite which was wonderful for the two of us. We had a set dinning time and although the staff was attentive, the menu was tired. Not much variety. The buffet was okay but none of the old favorites like Eggs Benedict. They would not toast a fresh English muffin so I had to have cold ones. They ran out of hash browns the first few days, replaced by French fries ( for breakfast? ) There was a lot of space and we never had to look for a place to sit.

The bars were nice and in Crooners and the Wheelhouse, the bartenders were excellent......knew our names and our drinks right away.... the other bars...not so friendly.

The stores were HoHum as were the sales people. I got the impression a lot of the employees did not like their jobs. There was sometimes bickering between waiters in the buffet seating area. The hamburger bar, ice cream bar, and coffee house people never smiled and acted like we were bothering them!

Photos? Well, not in the 21st century there! We had to look and look for any of our pictures and never found more than two.... ( which I refused to buy because it was so hard to find them) other ships use your room key or facial recognition so you use your room key to bring up pictures on a monitor. What a pain in the behind...wake up Princess Lines!!!!

Getting on and off on NON tender days was a nightmare. It was cold and windy and we were in long lines trying to get on with only one or two gangplanks! It was ridiculous!

MAIN concern.....even on formal nights people were allowed in the dinning rooms with shorts, T shirts, flip flops...SERIOUSLY???? We were not the only ones who questioned this and were told they could not refuse these people. On Disney, my husband went to Palo in designer jeans, tie and coat and was told he had to go change ( no jeans allowed). On the QM2 I have witnessed people being turned away for not following the dress code. It made this ship look cheap and low class.

I am sure Princess has many fine qualities as I have many friends who frequent these ships but for us, Princess will never be Disney or Cunard so I will not sail with them again.

Mary from Hawaii's Full Rating Summary

Large bathroom with a full tub, large room but needs some separation because both TV's cancel each other out. LOTS of storage! Remember the verandas on this deck have no cover so not only are you exposed to the weather but to all other verandahs above you. If I were going to a warm place, I would invest in a large umbrella to put up when using the verandah.

Mary from Hawaii